Friday, August 23, 2024

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

 Thank you so much Hambright PR for sending me this ARC!

Title: MILO
Author: E.L. Lewis
Genre: Dark Mafia Romance
Series: Standalone
Pages: 442

Synopsis:

Though Kiara Payne may be a genius when it comes to languages, what she knows of the real world largely comes from books and movies. But after foiling a robbery on her first day as a bank teller, Kiara finds herself thrust into a world of danger, her life resting in the hands of the infuriatingly sexy Italian mafia boss Milo Di Vaio. In exchange for her safety, Kiara agrees to serve as Milo's translator, accompanying him across Europe as he tries to clean up the mess his late brother left behind and save the reputation of the Di Vaio crime family.

Cold, ruthless, and sinfully beautiful, Milo is hard to resist but even harder to love. As tensions rise and secrets are spilled, Milo and Kiara are both forced to question everything they thought they knew.

Does love outweigh loyalty? And if so, is it worth dying for?


Review & thoughts:

MILO is a standalone Dark Romance from E. L. Lewis and I really enjoyed it, it has many of my favorite tropes and I loved Kiara and Milo’s story! 

When she starts a new job in a bank, Kiara definitely doesn’t expect to be kidnapped by an Italian mafia on her first day. Offered a job in exchange for protection, Kiara is supposed to travel with Milo as his personal translator, but what was supposed to be a business arrangement quickly becomes complicated with their instant attraction to each other and when they realize their hearts might be on the line, Kiara needs to decide if she is willing to be a part of Milo’s dangerous lifestyle, especially when he seems to lose everyone he cares about. 

I’ve read a lot of mafia romance books and I can honestly say this one is one of the best I’ve read, there was the perfect amount of the mafia elements to understand the plot without overshadowing the romance and I was hooked since the first chapter, the book started strong and just kept getting better. Kiara was a really great FMC, she was an ordinary woman thrust into a mafia world and I liked her character development, she was already very intelligent but became a true badass and I loved her, especially in the second half of the book. Milo was the kind of morally grey mafia man we all love and I liked him since the beginning with how he always wanted the best for Kiara and was willing to change for her. They were truly an amazing couple, despite their less than perfect first meeting I loved their banter, how Kiara wasn’t afraid of Milo and was provoking him, they were attracted to each other since their first meeting but both had reasons to not give in and it was amazing to see them open up and become perfect for each other, I loved these two and all their scenes together.

MILO is a really great dark romance book with beautiful romance, interesting plot, amazing characters and I definitely recommend it to everyone who enjoys this genre. E. L. Lewis is a new to me author but I already can’t wait for her next book.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...