Thursday, February 29, 2024

ARC Review - Storm of Secrets and Sorrow by Melissa K. Roehrich

 Thank you so much Melissa K. Roehrich for sending me this ARC!


Title: Storm of Secrets and Sorrow
Author: Melissa K. Roehrich
Genre: Dark Fantasy Romance
Series: Legacy (book #1)
Pages: 656

Synopsis:

In a realm full of secrets, she’s collecting them all.

A choice to make.

Tessalyn Ausra’s fate has always been out of her hands. Still bonded to the Heir of Endings, she now finds herself with more control than ever before. Everyone wants something from her, and she has to choose a side. But in a realm full of villains, she trusts no one, and she has secrets of her own to keep.

A plan to salvage.

Control and knowledge have always been Theon St. Orcas’s greatest weapons, but both have slipped through his fingers. Given a task by the rulers of the realm, he’s racing against the clock to get his plans back on track. But as myths become reality, he finds himself fighting more than time in an effort to keep what’s his or lose it all to fury.

A fate to alter.

Axel St. Orcas has never minded rubbing shoulders with the depraved rather than the elite. It’s easier to hide his shame among the corrupt. But with each passing day, he risks triggering a curse and endangering those he cares for most. He’ll sacrifice anything to keep them safe, even if that means giving up everything he is. 

Who will be left standing when Chaos comes to reign?


Review & thoughts:


Storm of Secrets and Sorrow is the second book in a Dark Fantasy Romance series and a continuation of Tessa and Theon’s story. I loved the first book, Rain of Shadows and Endings, and was really excited to read the sequel and OMG it was even better than I expected, this book was everything I’ve been hoping for and now I’m desperate to read book 3 ASAP!

SOSAM begins shortly after the ending of the first book and with everything that happened and what we learned, there is a lot happening since the very first page. I loved the world the author created in the first book and it was amazing to return to it and learn even more about it, the world building, magic system and hierarchies are quite complicated but really interesting and I loved discovering it all and trying to figure some things out. There are a lot of plot twists, new information coming to light and while some things I’ve been hoping for happened here, there were a lot that I definitely didn’t expect and I can’t wait to see how everything will play out in the next books in this series. 

I still love Tessa as the main character, she went through a lot and it was amazing to see how much she changed in this book, she slowly learns how to fight for herself and I loved seeing that. I don’t want to spoil anything, but with how much her character developed and with the way this book ended, I'm extremely excited to see Tessa in the next book, I have a feeling we are going to see a whole new version of her and I can’t wait. When it comes to Theon… I still can’t decide whether I love him or hate him. He is a truly morally grey character (if not morally black) and really awful and cruel to everyone at times, he changes a little in this book, but he still has a lot to make up for. Theon and Tessa’s relationship is complicated, to say the least, a lot happens between these two in SOSAM and I have a feeling we haven’t seen anything yet, I can’t wait to see what will happen with them next. I also liked the supporting characters, Luka was amazing, Axel and Kat were unexpected but I loved seeing them together, and it was such a nice surprise to see some familiar faces from the author’s other series.

Storm of Secrets and Sorrow is a perfect sequel to Rain of Shadows and Endings, it has amazing characters, interesting romance and fascinating plot and world building, I love this series and definitely recommend it to all dark fantasy romance lovers. I can’t wait for book 3!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...