Friday, August 26, 2022

Review - A Kingdom of Flame and Fury by Whitney Dean

 

Title: A Kingdom of Flame and Fury 
Author: Whitney Dean
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: The Four Kingdoms  (book #1)
Pages: 547

Synopsis:

At ten years old, Raven was mysteriously willed to be the next ruler of Seolia, a kingdom nestled within the realm of The Four Kingdoms.

Orphaned as a baby, she has spent fifteen years ruling over a kingdom she believes she did not earn all while hiding secrets: she possesses dark magic and she thirsts for blood.

Now at almost twenty-five years old and with a sudden addiction to stealing life, Raven must fight through her new procured darkness to save her soul, but when a mysterious stranger arrives in her kingdom, she starts experiencing vivid dreams that detail who she truly is. As she slowly starts to unravel her story, what she uncovers at the end of the spool will change the course of her life and her kingdom forever.


Review & thoughts:

A Kingdom of Flame and Fury is the first book in The Four Kingdoms series by Whitney Dean. It is an Adult Dark Fantasy Romance story that I absolutely loved!

When she was 10, Raven was chosen as the next queen of Seolia and now, at 25, she still has no idea why. She is loved by her people but Raven has a secret: she has dark magic (and her magic must be one of the most unique ideas I’ve ever read about). One day a mysterious man comes to her from neighboring kingdom and they feel instant connection to each other, but that’s also when her closest advisor and childhood friend starts showing her he wants more than friendship from her. Torn between two man and having to deal with rumors about her dark magic circulating in her kingdom, Raven will have to make many hard decisions before she runs out of time. 

This book is the epitome of expression “you can’t trust anyone”. There are just so many secrets and lies, while reading it I was constantly on the edge of my seat and was shocked every few pages, especially in the second part of the book. And when those secrets and lies come from the people closest to you… I’m in awe of how strong Raven is, she is a really great FMC and I loved how she grew throughout the book. She sometimes annoyed me (mainly with Cade) but in the end she is so badass and exactly the kind of FMC I love to read about, can’t wait for the rest of her story. 

While I normally hate love triangles, this one didn’t really bother me and I think it was very well written. I loved Zeke since the first page he appeared on so I knew who I wanted Raven to end up with and really enjoyed their romance, they are amazing together and I really hope they will find a way to finally be together in the next book. 

I really enjoyed this book and after THAT cliffhanger I can’t wait to read the next one. November can’t come soon enough!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...