Saturday, November 5, 2022

ARC Review - A Kingdom of Blood and Betrayal by Holly Renee

 Thank you so much Holly Renee for sending me this ARC!


Title: A Kingdom of Blood and Betrayal
Author: Holly Renee 
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Stars and Shadows (book #2) 
Pages: 244

Synopsis:


My fate is bonded to two princes– one born of blood, the other of power— but my trust lies in neither.

My skin is cursed by the stars, my fate damned by desire. 

But when the dark prince offers me a bargain that will save his people and my life, the cruel and intoxicating male gives me no choice.

Our union is his revenge, and I am his sacrifice.

His lies are unforgivable. His wicked touch still bathes me in sin.

He is my mate, and he is tortured by a curse to protect his people from his own family.

I could now see him for exactly who he was. So why can’t I get his alluring touch out of my head?

I am the key to saving his kingdom, but he alone has the power to ruin me.


Review & thoughts:


A Kingdom of Blood and Betrayal is the second book in the Stars and Shadows series and OMG I’m obsessed with those books! I thought I loved the first book but the second one was so insanely good I think I love it even more!

A Kingdom of Blood and Betrayal begins right where A Kingdom of Stars and Shadows ended and immediately throws us in the middle of action. It was perfectly balanced with fast-paced action scenes and romantic ones between our favorite couple, Adara and Evren. I really liked Evren in AKOSAS, but here we learn more about him and watching him with Adara made me love him even more, he quickly became one of my favorite book boyfriends. They have such an amazing romance and I simply loved them together, the banter and of course the spicy scenes were perfectly written. 

We also learn more about this fascinating world the author created and meet more secondary characters, I especially liked Thalia and Sorin and hope we will get to see more of them in the next books. 

I really enjoyed both books in this series and now I can’t wait for the next one because OMG that ending! Holly definitely knows how to torture us with those cliffhangers, the next book can’t come soon enough!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...