Monday, February 13, 2023

ARC Review - Golden by Shannon Mayer

 Thank you so much Shannon Mayer for this ARC!


Title: Golden
Author: Shannon Mayer 
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: The Golden Wolf (book #1) 
Pages: 283

Synopsis:


The Little Mermaid meets Loki in this dark, twisted retelling that’s anything but a Fairy Tale. In this world, foes look like friends, the heroes are deliciously wicked, and you’ll never see the end coming.

Ten years ago, I ‘died’, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

I should have known it wouldn't last.

Once my family thought I was dead I was finally free to live.

Until the day my brother walks into my tiny bookshop.

No one leaves the Grayling pack and gets away with it.

They drag me back, but not for the reason I believe.

My mother has made an enemy of a powerful witch

and I am to take the punishment meant for her.

Death would have been kinder.

This curse? What I am now?

It's so much worse than I could have imagined.

She didn't just cut me off from my wolf, or even simply kill me. She made me a golden retriever and sent me to a shelter.

I'm ready to die in truth now, I'm hoping for it even.

And then my mate walks in...but how am I supposed to convince him I'm the strong partner he needs to help him stop the end of the world when I can’t stop wagging my freaking tail?


Review & thoughts:


Golden is the first book in a new Paranormal Romance series with shifters, slow burn enemies to lovers romance and hilarious characters that will leave you wanting more!

Just when Cin thinks she finally escaped her awful family, she is dragged back to them and cursed to became a golden retriever. With the help of Bebe, a woman cursed into the form of a cat, she leaves the animal shelter with a handsome new owner, but it quickly turns out her troubles are just beginning and Cin will need to deal with all the craziness you can imagine before the deadline on her curse expires. 

Let me begin by saying I love the characters in Golden and Cin and Bebe are my favorite! These two are hilarious, I was laughing out loud so many times at their antics. This book is very fast-paced, there is so much action, plot twists and betrayals I read it in one sitting and often had to gasp out loud because wow, the author really outdid herself with these shocking revelations. Just when I thought I knew what was going on she took the plot into entirely different direction and I love how unpredictable this book is and with THAT cliffhanger I’m dying to get the next book in my hands. 

When it comes to romance, it is extremely slow burn, but there is a great set up for the sequel and I already can’t wait for it! I don’t want to spoil anything, but I love enemies to lovers trope and Shannon Mayer definitely didn’t disappoint here. With so much happening, I think there was the perfect amount of romance and now with the storyline established, I’m so excited to see more of this couple, these two are definitely going to be interesting together! 

Golden is a really great paranormal romance with unpredictable plot and interesting characters that I absolutely loved! If you like fast-paced books with shifters, slow burn enemies to lovers romance and laugh-out-loud moments, you’re going to love this book!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...