Monday, February 13, 2023

ARC Review - A Long Time Coming by Meghan Quinn

 Thank you so much Meghan Quinn for this ARC!


Title: A Long Time Coming
Author: Meghan Quinn 
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Series: Cane Brothers (book #3) 
Pages: 473

Synopsis:


Have you ever heard of a man-in-waiting?

Yeah, neither has my best friend's soon-to-be monster-in-law. Ooo, sorry, I meant mother-in-law. Nor has she heard of the term, what the bride wants, the bride gets.

With wedding planning underway and a short timeline, my best friend, Lia, has recruited me to help her battle the snarly beast that is Mrs. Beaver. Not scared at all, I accept the challenge as her man-in-waiting--aka, man of honor--and take matters into my own hands.

The only problem is, with every second we draw closer to the wedding, I'm starting to see my best girl in a different light.

She's always been beautiful to me, but now . . . I find myself staring a touch too long. My hand lingering for one more minute. And when she's upset? Allowing her to sleep in my bed.

And before I know what's happening, it hits me like a ton of bricks. I'm in love with my best friend. Not just in love, but infatuated.

No one compares to her and nothing seems to distract me from that realization.
Not the girl I try to date while I help plan Lia's wedding.
Not her angry fiancé who thinks I'm growing too close.
And not the looming deadline of her nuptials.

Which means, there's only one thing left for me to do. Prove to Lia I'm the one she should be with instead. But with the pressure of her engagement, the stress from her soon-to-be mother-in-law, and the breath-stealing nerves running through me, I'm finding it a lot harder to claim the girl than I would like to admit.

Say a little prayer for me . . .


Review & thoughts:


A Long Time Coming is the newest romantic comedy from Meghan Quinn about Breaker, the third and final Cane brother and believe me, you’re not ready for how absolutely incredible this book is! 

Breaker and Lia have been best friends for years, they share the same passions and live in apartments next to each other. When Lia gets overwhelmed with wedding planning and her future mother-in-law, it feels natural for her to ask her best friend for help… but things get so much more complicated when Breaker sees Lia in her wedding dress and realizes that he might want to be the man waiting for Lia at the altar instead of Brian. 

It was so much fun to return to the world of Cane brothers, I missed Hux and JP and I really liked that they were a big part of this book along with Lottie and Kelsey, I loved seeing them all together again and as always laughed at their crazy antics, there are so many laugh-out-loud moments in A Long Time Coming. But now I must say that Breaker definitely became my favorite Cane brother in this book! That man is so perfect and once he sorted out his feeling he was so devoted to Lia, she was always on the first place for him, even before they became a couple, and that’s just what the perfect relationship should be like. I loved seeing their beautiful journey from best friends to lovers and despite the book being 500+ pages long, I would definitely read another 500 pages of their story, I love these characters so much. 

I loved A Long Time Coming and already can’t wait to Meghan’s next book, she never disappoints! I hope we will get to see more of the Cane brothers in the future because I already miss them and will definitely reread the whole series again soon.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...