Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - Chained by Lacey Lehotzky

 Thank you so much Lacey Lehotzky for sending me this ARC!

Title: Chained
Author: Lacey Lehotzky
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: A Choice of Light and Dark (book #1)
Pages: 440

Synopsis:

Princess Izidora of the Night Realm was kidnapped at birth, chained in darkness, abused by her captors, and wholly unaware an entire world was looking for her. That is until the eve of her 18th birthday, when the Nighthounds, led by the striking High Lord Kazimir, rescue her from a cave in the highest peak in the land. Now, the Lost Princess must reclaim her power before they reach the vicious capital of the Night Realm, where the story everyone was told about her disappearance might have been just that - a story. Will Izidora overcome her trauma or succumb to the whims of the madman who sits on the Night Throne?


Review & thoughts:


Chained is the first book in a Dark Fantasy Romance series and a debut novel by Lacey Lehotzky that I really enjoyed!

After spending all 21 years of her life in captivity, Izidora is rescued by a group of men and told that she is a princess they have been searching for since her birth. Trying to come to terms with her new life and her growing feelings for Kazimir, the High Lord who rescued her, Izadora will have to overcome her past and become the princess she was always meant to be. 

I really liked our main characters. After everything she went through, Izidora was still fighting for her freedom and was really strong, she grew a lot throughout the book and I loved seeing her character develop, her trauma was well described and it was amazing to see her deal with it and became even more badass. Kazimir was a great love interest, he always supported and took care of Izidora and there was definitely the case of 'he fell first’!. They had a sweet but spicy romance and it was amazing to see them fall in love and fight for each other. Also, I must mention how well the found family trope was written, I liked all the characters we were introduced to and their dynamics, I had so much fun reading about them. 

Chained is a really great debut novel and dark fantasy romance that I’m sure everyone who enjoys this genre will love. I didn’t give Chained full 5 stars because while I really liked the beginning and the ending, I felt like the middle part kind of dragged at times. Also, there were moments when I felt like I couldn’t really connect with the characters. But I really enjoyed Chained and if you’re a fan of dark fantasy romance books with great character development, sweet but spicy romance and interesting characters with found family trope I’m sure you’re going to love it!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...