Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - The Rebound by L. Steele

 Thank you so much L. Steele for sending me this ARC!

Title: The Rebound
Author: L. Steele
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Morally Grey Billionaires (book #4)
Pages: 420

Synopsis:

He was supposed to be my forever love
Until he becomes my personal hell...

Declan Beauchamp: he’s the super-hot, super-bad boy actor.
I’m the new voice, who has an overnight break-out single.
Together we are unbeatable.
A match-made-in-tabloid heaven.
Until he betrays me...

I put him behind and move on.
I even have a new boyfriend.
Except my career is in freefall...
Only consolation?
Declan isn’t faring better either.

With my future and his at stake.
Declan comes up with a plan.
One movie together,
And a fake relationship to catapult our futures back on track.

But when our chemistry detonates,
I know I can’t survive this encounter.
I tell him the deal is off,
Except it’s too late...


Review & thoughts:


The Rebound is a really great romance book with many of my favorite tropes that I really enjoyed and couldn’t put down!

After their first meeting in the past ended in disaster, Solene and Declan haven’t seen each other in 4 years. But when Declan suddenly appears in Solene’s life again and offers to save her from an arranged marriage and make her wishes of being a famous singer come true, she quickly accepts his offer and ends up is Los Angeles, living with the famous actor she never forgot. With their feelings for each other growing every day but their careers pulling them in different directions, Solene and Declan will have to decide if their relationship is worth fighting for and if they even want to be together after everything they went through. 

I must admit I had a little problem with Solene and Declan’s meetings in the past, but I am so happy I continued reading and quickly forgot about what was bothering me because I ended up really enjoying this book, it was amazing. While both Solene and Declan annoyed me at times with their decisions, they were by no means perfect and made mistakes and that made them really great and relatable characters. I loved their relationship and romance, the author showed perfectly that loved isn’t always enough and I loved seeing them both trying to overcome their troubles and fighting to be together despite many obstacles coming their way. They were incredible as a couple and I was swooning so many times, Declan is a great book boyfriend and the spice had me blushing, I was not expecting it when I saw the cover. 

The Rebound is a really great read and I recommend it to everyone who loves romance books with second chances, enemies to lovers, fake relationship and billionaire swoony MMC. I can’t wait to read more books by this author!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...