Sunday, February 11, 2024

ARC Review - Behind the Broken by Chloe C. Penaranda

 Thank you so much Chloe C. Penaranda for sending me this ARC!

Title: Behind the Broken
Author: Chloe C. Penaranda
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Behind the Darkness (book #1)
Pages: 361

Synopsis:

A darkly heart-wrenching, swoon-worthy contemporary romance debut from Chloe C. Peñaranda. Book one of the Behind Darkness duet will leave you on the edge of your seat for the sequel to Rhett and Ana's tension filled, emotional story.

No one expects an angel to buy a ticket to hell. 

I would have lived my life the righteous way, but my path of vengeance forced me to become the monster my uncle wanted to create. When I lie my way into playing bodyguard for the senator’s daughter, I don’t expect our fires to cross or to become addicted to the blaze. Anastasia Kinsley burns the ice that froze my heart years ago, but I need to find the will to resist. Chained up in the devil’s playground, I won’t let myself loose again.

When the devil came I couldn’t resist. 

As the daughter of a hopeful new president, my life often doesn’t feel like my own. When my father assigns me a bodyguard during the run-up to the election, I’m determined to make sure they both see exactly why I don’t need their protection. But Rhett Kaiser is . . . unexpected. He ignites a match in me I didn’t know I held, and the closer we get, the more I’m drawn to use it to discover what lies behind his icy exterior.


Review & thoughts:


Behind the Broken is the first book in a new Contemporary Romance duet from one of my favorite fantasy romance authors Chloe C. Penaranda and I really enjoyed it!

Anastasia is the daughter of a presidential candidate and with the upcoming elections, she is assigned a new bodyguard. Rhett and Ana are attracted to each other from the first meeting and forced to fake a relationship before the media soon the lines between duty and desire are beginning to blur. But Rhett isn’t who everyone believes him to be and when his past is once again threatening the life of a woman he loves, they both need to decide whether being together is worth their hearts and their lives. 

Ana and Rhett had such a beautiful and emotional romance and I loved them together. It was amazing to see them open up to each other and grow stronger together, I already can’t wait to see more of them in the second book in this duet. Ana was a great heroine, she annoyed me a bit in the beginning but she grew a lot in this book and, after everything that happened in the last few chapters, I am so excited to see who she will become in book 2. Rhett is the kind of morally grey MMC we all love with tragic past and many secrets, I loved him since the moment he appeared and the way he always took care of Ana and believed in her was amazing. This book starts a bit slow, but it allows us to get to know the main characters better and once the plot started to pick up in the second half of the book I couldn’t put it down, there were some shocking plot twists and that cliffhanger at the end has me desperate to read the next book ASAP!

Behind the Broken is a really great book with amazing characters, beautiful romance and interesting plot that I loved and already can’t wait for the next book!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...