Sunday, August 4, 2024

ARC Review - The Devil in Disguise by Mel Reilly

Thank you so much Mel Reilly for sending me this ARC!

Title: The Devil in Disguise
Author: Mel Reilly
Genre: Dark Romance
Series: Mad Men #1
Pages: 269

Synopsis:

Kylo

She was just supposed to be another mission.

Ever since my life turned into a living hell, the only constant name in my ear is Amaris Santos. She needs to pay for what her family has done, an eye for an eye and all. When she loses her memory it turns into the perfect chance to swoop in and break her.


Amaris

I hope I’m not making a big mistake.

I’m walking around with only half of my memories, feeling like half of a person and putting the small bit of trust I have in a familiar stranger who offers to help me out. The mysterious guy with midnight eyes and a wicked smirk only confuses me more than my amnesia. I give him the power to burn my world down, I just hope he never lights the match. What will happen when I get my memory back? If I ever do. Will he still be my savior?


Review & thoughts:

The Devil in Disguise is the first book in a Dark Romance trilogy and OMG I’m already obsessed with this series! This book has so many of my favorite tropes and was written so well, I already can’t wait for the next book from this author. 

After Amaris’s family killed his mother, all Kylo ever wanted was to get his revenge on her. But when Amaris loses her memories in an accident and Kylo pretends to be a family friend to keep her close and eventually destroy her life, these two enemies definitely don’t expect the sizzling attraction between them to turn into actual feelings for each other and when all their secrets come to light they will need to decide if they are willing to let go of the past and fight for their future together. 

The Devil in Disguise had me hooked from the first page and with the interesting and fast paced plot I finished the book in one sitting because I couldn’t put it down. Amaris and Kyle were amazing main characters, she was so strong and even after losing her memories she didn’t put up with anyone’s shit and her banter with Kylo was everything, I laughed out loud so many times. They were a true enemies to lovers who literally wanted to kill each other and I loved their slow burn romance, while Kylo seemed like a real asshole in the beginning he truly fell first and harder and I loved them as a couple, they were amazing together and the spicy scenes were *chief’s kiss* and made me blush a few times. I hope we will get to see them again, they quickly became one of my favorite bookish couples. 

The Devil in Disguise is an amazing dark romance book with everything I love in this genre and I definitely recommend it to everyone. The next book can’t come soon enough!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...