Sunday, August 4, 2024

ARC Review - Ocean of Sin and Starlight by Karina Halle

Thank you so much Karina Halle for sending me this ARC!

Title: Ocean of Sin and Starlight
Author: Karina Halle
Genre: Dark Fantasy Romance
Series: Nightwind #2
Pages: 361

Synopsis:

PRIEST. PIRATE. MONSTER.

I wasn’t always a monster.

Once upon a time I had a family, a home, dreams.

Until it was taken away from me and I was turned into a creature only the Devil could love, cursed with bloodlust and immortality.

I spent a century in an isolated monastery for other heathens like me, learning to control my most monstrous impulses, becoming a man of faith so I could put my sins behind me.

I was doing so well.

I was almost…human.

Until I met her.

Larimar, the tempting siren who made me forget my vows, who promised herself to me before she escaped my clutches.

Now I’m obsessed with tracking Larimar down, joining an infamous pirate crew on their ship the Nightwind as we search the high seas for any sign of her.

I don’t know what I’ll do when I find her.

But I know she belongs to me.

And I’ll become a monster once more.


Review & thoughts:

Ocean of Sin and Starlight is the newest Dark Fantasy Romance from Karina set in the same world as A Ship of Bones and Teeth. I’m a big fan of Karina and this book was exactly what I expected from her, I absolutely loved the characters, the romance, the plot and the whole book, it was amazing! 

After being turned into a vampyre, Aragon became a priest to find his humanity again and keep the monster he became in check. When a syren kills a fisherman from his village, Aragon decides to capture her and feed on her blood, but he doesn’t expect the conflicted feelings he has about the beautiful Larimar, especially when she makes a plan to seduce him and escape in order to find her sister. 

I think the thing I loved most about this book are the main characters, Aragon and Larimar. The are both equally feral (I mean, he literally crucified her to get her blood and she ate part of his hand and bit off his ear), I live for this kind of unhinged MCs. They were absolutely amazing and I loved their relationship, despite its rocky beginnings I liked how they always wanted each other and the way Agaron tried to stop himself (without much success lol) and Larimar tried to seduce him, they were incredible together and the spicy scenes were *chief’s kiss*. It was also great to see some familiar faces from ASOBAT again, I missed Maren and Ramsay and I hope we will get to see all the characters from both books again. 

Ocean of Sin and Starlight is an amazing dark fantasy romance book, Karina outdid herself with this one and I definitely recommend it to everyone who enjoys this genre, you don’t want to miss it! I already can’t wait for her next books.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...