Sunday, June 19, 2022

Review - Glow by Raven Kennedy

 



Title: Glow
Author: Raven Kennedy
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Plated Prisoner (book #4)
Pages: 705

Synopsis:

"I was nothing but a road to Midas. A means to get to where he wanted to go, and I paved that path in gold." 

My life has been made up of gilded lies. But death has been shaped from rot.

Like a phoenix caught fire, I will need to rise from the ashes and learn to wield my own power. Because my wings may have been clipped, but I am not in a cage, and I'm finally free to fly from the frozen kingdoms I've been kept in.

Yet the world doesn't want to let me.

That's the thing when you turn against a king—everyone else turns against you.

Good thing I have a different king in my corner.

But even with the dark threat of Slade Ravinger, the other monarchs are coming for me.

So I will fight for him and he will kill for me, and if we need to become the villains, then so be it.

Because so long as I live in this world, I won't be used again.

Please note: This is an adult fantasy series with dark elements that may be triggering, including past emotional and physical trauma, violence, adult language, and explicit romance. Read at your own discretion. 


Review & thoughts:


Glow is an incredible continuation to an incredible series but WHY do we need to wait an entire year for the next book after THAT ending?! I don’t think I can take it. 

Glow begins right where Gleam ended and I had many theories about what this book may be about but the author took completely different direction so reading Glow was a constant surprise. We learn so much more about Slade which I absolutely loved, he is definitely my favorite character so it was amazing to see him grow into the man he is now. Also he and Auren really grow their relationship in this book and it was beautiful how they support and just love each other. There are many POVs in Glow and when I realized that I wasn’t really happy because I just wanted to know everything about Slade and Auren, but I ended up enjoyiny all the POVs, it was great to see what happens in different parts of Orea and it made understanding some things easier. And there is a lot of Slade POV and I am all for it!

Now about that ending…. it was absolutely mind-blowing, I still can’t believe everything that happened. I guess it’s slightly better than the cliffhanger of Gleam? But I just know now that book 5, Gold, is going to be EPIC, can’t wait for it!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...