Friday, July 29, 2022

ARC Review - To Wake a Kingdom by Nisha J. Tuli

Thank you so much Nisha J. Tuli for this ARC!



Title: To Wake a Kingdom
Author: Nisha J. Tuli
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Curse of Thorne (book #1)
Pages: 400

Synopsis:

After 100 years, I awake not to true love’s kiss, but to a blade at my throat.

Enchanted into an eternal slumber to escape an evil fae, Thorne is awakened, not by true love’s kiss, but by a man with a sword at her throat. So she does the only thing a princess can do—nails him in the balls and sticks him with a dagger.

But something has gone wrong because now her entire family isn’t waking up and Ronan, a warrior from an enemy kingdom, arrives on her doorstep seeking answers she doesn’t want to give.

Bent on revenge, the evil fae returns to claim the princess and kill everyone asleep in the castle. So Thorne strikes a bargain—thirty days to break the curse or Thorne becomes her property forever. But Thorne has no idea how to break a hundred-year-old spell that’s gone awry.

As time ticks away and she scrambles for a solution, her feelings for Ronan become entwined in her fate. Now she must find a way to protect her heart, save herself, and rescue everyone she’s ever loved.

To Wake a Kingdom is the first book in a duology. There is no cliff-hanger at the end of book one, and it can be enjoyed on its own.


Review & thoughts:

To Wake a Kingdom by Nisha J. Tuli is definitely my new favorite Sleeping Beauty retelling! 

After sleeping for 100 years our main character, Princess Thorne, wakes up to a blade at her throat and a strange man hovering over her. 

„I screamed and did the only thing that made sense—lifted my knee and drove it between his legs with every ounce of strength I had. ”

That’s when I knew I was going to love this book and it did not disappoint me. Thorne found herself in a very unexpected and difficult situation but she and her faery companion, Kianna, fought with everything they had to break the curse and free the sleeping people in the castle. When a few soldiers from an enemy kingdom find the castle and need to stay for a few days, Thorne soon finds herself drawn to the mysterious commander Ronan who teaches her to fight and treats her like an equal and not the delicate princess. But when the curse still remains and the time to break it runs out, how will everyone get their happy ending?

This Sleeping Beauty retelling is unlike any I have ever read. I loved how it deviated slightly from the original story and became a fast paced and full of plot twists I really did not expect. The first half of the book is a bit slower and focuses more on trying to break the curse and the romance between Thorne and Ronan, but the second half was absolutely insane. There were so many plot twist I had no idea where the story is going, each time I thought I knew what was going to happen the author proved me wrong every single time. And the romance became even more beautiful and steamy, Thorne and Ronan are now one of my favorite bookish couples. 

I am very grateful for this ARC, this story is incredible and I was constantly on the edge of my seat while reading it. And while, thankfully, there is no cliffhanger, I can’t wait for the sequel!

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...