Friday, July 29, 2022

Review - The One Who Loves You by Pippa Grant

Thank you so much Montlake and Netgalley for a copy of this book!


Title: The One Who Loves You
Author: Pippa Grant
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Series: Tickled Pink (book #1)
Pages: 397

Synopsis:

If the Upper East Side had an evil twin, it would be Tickled Pink, Wisconsin. This run-down, backwoods town isn’t worthy of the footprint of my Louboutins, never mind all of me.

But when my grandmother has a near-death experience and realizes we Lightlys can’t buy our way into heaven, she relocates the family to Tickled Pink to work on improving our souls. And that’s how I trade my heiress existence for gigantic bugs, dishwater coffee, and a cranky single dad named Teague Miller.

Teague spends his days fishing, raising his spunky teenager, and after an unfortunate incident involving cheese curds, living rent-free in my head. The one thing he and I can agree on is that I don’t belong here. He’s willing to help me escape—until the unexpected happens.

I kind of like him. I might even more than like him.

But am I ready to give up the life I adored for a man I love to hate?


Review & thoughts:

The One Who Loves Me is a new romantic comedy by Pippa that I really enjoyed!

Phoebe is a Lightly, her whole family is extremely rich and privileged. When Phoebe’s grandma almost dies she decides the whole family should learn how to become better people so they can go to heaven. She makes all Lightly family move to a little town called Tickled Pink and start living without maids, chauffeurs and WiFi. But not all locals are happy with having to tolerate Lightlys in their beloved town and the one complaining the most is our MMC, Teague. Let’s just say Teague and Phoebe’s first meeting doesn’t go well but they soon bond over their mutual desire to get the Tickled Pink rid of all Lightlys. That’s how begins their swoon worthy romance but when it turns out Teague has some carefully hidden secrets will their new relationship survive or will Phoebe go back to her privileged life in New York?

I loved all the great pranks local people were concocting for the members of the Lightly family, I was laughing so many times at all the shenanigans. Phoebe and Teague made a really great couple (it’s an enemies to lovers story which is my favorite!) and after a bumpy start they had a beautiful romance. I adored all local people and even the Lightly family members become quite lovable in time (and definitely the funniest! Grandma Lightly makes the most hilarious “villain”, I laughed in every scene with her). 

The One Who Loves Me is a great romantic comedy and a really great summer read. Can’t wait for Tavi’s book coming in December!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...