Saturday, July 2, 2022

Review - Kingdom of Villains by Ella Fields

 


Title: Kingdom of Villains
Author: Ella Fields
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Standalone
Pages: 371

Synopsis:

When a faerie princess with a curiosity for things better left alone encounters a dark fae prince with a beastly secret, she's forced to become his bride in a dangerous new world where love and loathing struggle to coexist...

I’d known exactly who he was—the Unseelie prince. But I hadn’t known just what he was.
I’d been fooled.

The creature I’d formed a tentative friendship with in my family’s dungeon was not the gentle, intriguing prince I’d thought him to be.
He was a monster. A bloodthirsty beast.

And I’d helped him escape my uncle’s clutches.

Such a betrayal called for severe consequences, and the price of releasing the biggest threat our kingdom had faced in hundreds of years was not one I would survive.

But upon discovering my uncle’s foiled plans for their prince, the Unseelie demanded vengeance, and an agreement was made.

My savior and my doom returned, and this time, he wasn’t leaving without me.

Regardless of how I loathed him, the deceitful and dangerous male was my last hope. Yet when he looked at me, touched me, dared to love me, the beliefs I’d worn as armor began to melt.

I couldn’t let that happen.

Though avoiding fate would prove impossible when the only way to save my life was to surrender it by marrying the monster who’d destroyed it.


Kingdom of Villains is a complete standalone and is not connected to any other Ella Fields novel. No cliffhanger. It's an enemies to lovers fantasy with a whirlwind, swoon-worthy romance.



Review & thoughts:

Loved this fantasy romance by Ella Fields. I didn’t think the author could top her amazing The Savage and the Swan but, well, hello Kingdom of Villains. It is a really well written enemies to lovers romance with arranged marriage and  the hero falls first trope which are one of my favorites. We follow the story of Fia, a Seelie princess and Colvin, an Unseelie prince whom she frees from her uncle’s dungeon. When Fia is found a traitor and sentenced to death, the Unseelie queen proposes a marriage between Fia and Colvin and that’s where the crazy action and beautiful romance starts. There was not a boring moment and I loved how well Fia fit into her new home and all the new friends she made. But the romance was my favorite part, despite the not-so-good beginning, Fia and Colvin were amazing together and I loved every moment they had together. Seriously, if you love fantasy romance books you NEED to read this one. Can’t wait for more books by this author!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...