Sunday, November 6, 2022

ARC Review - Heart of the Sun Warrior by Sue Lynn Tan

 Thank you so much Harper Reach for sending me this beautiful proof copy!


Title: Heart of the Sun Warrior
Author: Sue Lynn Tan 
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: The Celestial Kingdom Duology (book #2) 
Pages: 480

Synopsis:


After her perilous quest to free her mother, Xingyin thrives once more in the tranquility of her home. But her fragile peace is threatened by the discovery of a strange magic on the moon and the unsettling changes in the Celestial Kingdom as the emperor tightens his grip on power. While Xingyin is determined to keep clear of the rising danger, the discovery of a shocking truth spurs her into a treacherous confrontation.

Forced to flee her home once more, Xingyin and her companions venture to unexplored lands of the Immortal Realm, encountering legendary creatures and shrewd monarchs, beloved friends and bitter adversaries. With alliances shifting quicker than the tides, Xingyin has to overcome past grudges and enmities to forge a new path forward, seeking aid where she never imagined she would. As an unspeakable terror sweeps across the realm, Xingyin must uncover the truth of her heart and claw her way through devastation--to rise against this evil before it destroys everything she holds dear, and the worlds she has grown to love... even if doing so demands the greatest price of all.


Review & thoughts:


Heart of the Sun Warrior is the second book in The Celestial Kingdom Duology. I fell in love with this world the author created and her writhing style when I first read Daughter of the Moon Goddess but I loved this amazing sequel even more and I’m already missing these characters. 

Heart of the Sun Warrior begins a year after the ending of the first book and immediately draws us in with even more action, shocking revelations and beautiful relationships. I’m not going to go into details to avoid spoilers, but I can easily say this book exceeded all my expectations. I loved reading more about Xingyin, Liwei and Wenzhi, their adventures and struggles and honestly everything about them, I loved how the author gave more depth to their love triangle and didn’t make it easy to choose which one of them I wanted Xingyin to end up with. I think the love triangle was resolved in the most perfect way I could hope for (if you think you know how it’s going to end and you’re ready - you don’t and you aren’t). 

I’m also once again in awe of the author’s writing style, it is so unique and makes this book read like a fairytale (which I really liked!). Like the first book, this one was also full of action that kept me on the edge of my seat and some of the plot twists and revelations made me gasp out loud, I was really not expecting some things to happen and I loved it. 

Heart of the Sun Warrior is a really great conclusion to this amazing duology, I loved all the characters and the ending made me smile through my tears, it was just such a perfect ending to this incredible story. I can’t wait to see what the author writes next!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...