Wednesday, September 28, 2022

ARC Review - Lady of Embers by Melissa K. Roehrich

 Thank you so much Melissa K. Roehrich for this ARC!


Title: Lady of Embers
Author: Melissa K. Roehrich 
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Lady of Darkness (book #4)
Pages: 769

Synopsis:


There was no preparing for her storm.

Wrath.

When they met her, she was a whirlwind of shadows and darkness. Standing among the ashes of betrayal and grief, now she is a tempest of rage and malice. Queen Scarlett Aditya will hunt them all down, one by one, and make them pay. Starting with the one who took her brightest star from her.

Acceptance.

She knows she will come for her. Her betrayal was too great. She deserves the storm of fury that will end her, but until then Queen Talwyn Semiria will protect a secret that could turn the tides in the coming war. But when the time comes to pay for her sins, will she be able to give up everything? And will it even be enough?

Hope.

A kingdom wrapped in mystery, locked away behind wards to protect its secrets. That is where the last hope of King Callan Solgard lies to get his throne back. But does he even want it any more? Will it cost him more than what he’s already lost? Or will new nightmares draw him from the light and into the darkness?

It’s time to start a fire and let it burn.


Review & thoughts:


Lady of Embers is the fourth and penultimate book in the Lady of Darkness series and it might just be my new favorite in this series! 


I was so heartbroken at the end of Lady of Ashes (Melissa really tortures us with cliffhangers in this series) that I had to dive into Lady of Embers as soon as I got this ARC and OMG I still can’t believe how incredible it was! This story starts right where the previous book ended and it sucked me in from the very first page, it was so amazing to see Scarlett and all her friends again. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, but I love all the new characters introduced here and how well they fit in with the rest of the gang. It’s also great we finally got Cyrus’s POV! I didn’t expect his beautiful slow burn romance with a certain character but now I can’t imagine it not existing, I love it! 


We learn so much more about this complex world Melissa created and I was screaming at some new informations and plot twists, so much happens here and I can’t wait to see how it will all conclude in the next book. And of course, this book had to end on another mind blowing cliffhanger that makes me mad about having to wait months to see what happens next but it’s also perfect! I love this incredible series and the next book can’t come soon enough! 


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...