Wednesday, September 28, 2022

ARC Review - Shattered Souls by Beck Michaels

 Thank so much Beck Michaels for this ARC!


Title: Shattered Souls
Author: Beck Michaels 
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Guardians of the Maiden (book #3)
Pages: 1054

Synopsis:


Survival demands more than blood. It demands souls.

Alone and afraid, the time has come for Dyna to be her own savior. She will use every skill and spell her Guardians taught her to survive. Because the damsel is dead. This time, she fights. 

Cassiel and the Guardians are desperate to find their Maiden, except they cannot do it alone. And the journey to cross Troll Bridge proves harder than ever as they race against the impending winter. When dire secrets are unveiled, Cassiel may have to sacrifice everything in order to save the one person he can’t live without. Even if it means his fate might end in exile—or a throne. 

Dyna and her Guardians will all face a trial by fire as they confront their greatest threat yet. Themselves. And when ice meets flame, will they be willing to pay the price?
 


Review & thoughts:


Shattered Souls is the third book in Guardians of the Maiden series and OMG if you loved the first two books in this series you so aren’t ready for how incredible this one is!

Since this is the third book I don’t want to give any spoilers, but it begins right where book 2 ended. I had high expectations and many theories about what could happen and, as always, Beck Michaels wrote a book that totally blew my mind! There were so many plot twists and I was shocked so many times, just when I thought I finally figured something out the author proved me wrong and I loved it! I also love those characters and their relationships so much and their growth in Shattered Souls was beautiful. Dyna, Cassiel and Zev went through so much already and there were some scenes here that I was waiting for since book 1 and it was amazing to see them finally accept what they are destined for! Can’t wait to see what more is in store for them. 

According to Amazon and my iPad this book is huge (like, 1000+ pages) but it was so engaging I read it most of the night and finished it this morning, this book is just so good. It has the perfect balance of fast paced action scenes and tender moments between our main characters, I was constantly on the edge of my seat and spend most of the book smiling, laughing or crying, the author was definitely toying with our emotions in this one. 

While I loved Shattered Souls I still can’t believe that ending. Beck Michaels how could you do this to us?!? This title is perfect for how I feel after finishing this book. I was sobbing during those last few chapters and don’t know how I’m supposed to wait for book 4, I need it now. I love this series and can’t wait for the next part of this amazing story!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...