Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Review - Royally Not Ready by Meghan Quinn

 

Title: Royally Not Ready 
Author: Meghan Quinn
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Series: Standalone
Pages: 438

Synopsis:

So there I was selling bikinis out of my truck in South Beach Miami, getting ready to kick off a wet t-shirt contest when the world’s biggest grouch approached me - Keller Fitzwilliam.

The man had the sultriest British accent I've ever heard. And he looked like he just walked off a Viking boat and into a suit tailored specifically for his impressively muscular frame. Only problem is, he had the warmth of an ice pick and he kept telling me he was here to take me back to his home country.

Of course, I didn't follow him. I might be up for a good time, but I'm also educated enough to know leaving with a stranger isn't smart. Well, that's until he mentioned my mom's name. My mom who passed away several years ago.

So after some serious fact-checking, my bikini-clad bum went with him to a sub-arctic country I had never heard of just north of the British Isles, where I found out my grandpa was the king of said freezing country, and I was the one and only heir.

Desperate to learn more about my mom, I decided to give this princess thing a chance.

Good idea, right? Wrong.

Because Mr. Ice Pick was put to the task of training me and he’s not just cold as ice, he’s pompous, aggravating, and possessive. And did I mention we have to share a bathroom in a tiny castle?

We are oil and water every single day and even though he’s training me to be queen, I have this simmering desire to kneel before him.
 


Review & thoughts:

It’s no secret I always enjoy Meghan Quinn’s books but I wasn’t prepared for Royally Not Ready, it is, hands down, my new favorite of hers (sorry Huxley and JP) and one of the best romcoms I’ve ever read!

Lilly is living her best life in Miami when some men she doesn’t know tell her she is a last heir to a kingdom and she needs to learn how to be a proper princess or said kingdom will be taken over by another country and cease to exist. After they prove to her it is not some elaborate prank, she decides to give this princess thing a try, mainly so she get to know the grandparents she didn’t know existed and who are the last of her family. But since her first meeting with Keller, the man responsible for training her as a princess, there is an unmistakable attraction growing between them and when Lilly’s protected identity is at risk, will she stay in her beautiful kingdom with the man she’s starting to fall for or will she return to her comfortable life in the USA?

Lilly is the absolute star of this book, she made me crack up so many times with her very un-princess-like behavior and language and I loved how she pushed Keller’s buttons, I laughed out loud so many times because of their bickering. Keller is the best kind of book boyfriend, little grumpy but so protective and when they both finally give in to their attraction… let me just say this is not only Meghan’s best book but also the spiciest! 

I had such high expectations for this book and it definitely did not disappoint. And just when I thought it couldn’t be better, it turns out there is a second book coming in a few months and I can’t wait for it! Really recommend this book, it is amazing!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...