Wednesday, September 28, 2022

ARC Review - The Assassin Thief by Madeline Te Whiu

  Thank you so much Madeline Te Whiu and New Dawn Publishing for this ARC!


Title: The Assassin Thief
Author: Madeline Te Whiu
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: The Assassin Thief (book #1)
Pages: 432

Synopsis:


BETRAYED BY HER QUEEN. 
HAUNTED BY HER GIFTS. 
FORGOTTEN BY HER PEOPLE.

Telium was once the most feared assassin in all Alkoria. Now she lives out her days in exile as she fights for dominance over her dark gifts.

But all that changes when an errant Fae warrior enters her domain. Drawn by rumours of a powerful being said to be borne from the shadow of the dark goddess Tenebris.

With their kingdoms on the brink of chaos, he calls for her aid in his mission to defeat the Mad Fae King and prevent an all-out war.

But the road to the Fae capital of Meannthe is a long one, and haunted by memories of her past, Telium must decide if she can risk losing dominance over the darkness in her soul.

In this gripping story, debut author Madeline Te Whiu creates an unforgettable world rife with grave secrets and suspenseful romance.


Review & thoughts:


The Assassin Thief is a debut novel by Madeline Te Whiu and I honestly can’t believe it’s the author’s first book, it’s so good! It is a Dark Fantasy with incredible characters, slow burn romance and plot twists that will leave you speechless!


Once, Telium was the Siren Queen’s most trusted assassin and confidante… until the queen tossed her into prison and sentenced her to death. Barely escaping with her live, Telium made a forest her home where she could nurse her broken heart and try to control her new dark powers. When many years later a Fae comes into her forest and asks for her help, Telium realizes it’s a chance for her to have her revenge and thus begins her fascinating journey. 


I absolutely love our FMC Telium, she is morally grey and a former assassin, but despite being very powerful, we see her struggling with control over her powers and despite being arrogant, she is aware of her flaws and does not always make good decisions and that makes her a well written and realistic character. She went through so much during her life and I was cheering for her to finally get her revenge.


The romance was really slow burn but I liked the tension between Telium and Mallux and it was satisfying when they finally gave in to their attraction. And with how this book ended (more about the ending later) I hope to see more romance in the next book. 


I really enjoyed this book, it has amazing world building, is fast paced (I couldn’t stop reading, had to find out what happens next!) and has incredible characters. And now I need to say I LOVED that ending. These plot twists at the end had me screaming and OMG I was so not expecting all of this to happen. I think it fits this book perfectly and I can’t wait to know what happens next (with how it ended there MUST be a next book, I refuse to believe it is the end). Now I need to reread because I’m not ready to say goodbye to these characters!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...