Sunday, November 6, 2022

ARC Review - Empress of the Gods by Ivy C. Ortiz

 Thank you so much Ivy C. Ortiz for sending me this ARC!


Title: Empress of the Gods
Author: Ivy C. Ortiz 
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Empress of the Gods (book #1) 
Pages: 406

Synopsis:


In the world of Alora exists a powerful species of creatures that descend from the nymphs.
Atarah has been hiding from her kind among the witches for as long as she can remembers. However, everything is about to change when an unexpected threat attacks her home, leading her to the dagger of destiny and to a chased hunter whose life ends up linked to hers, forcing them to become allies to recover the dagger and her sister.
Above all, the gods want Atarah to fulfill her destiny before an ancient darkness awakens and takes it all.

A fantasy world you will want to explore with a chosen one, mythology, and romance.


Review & thoughts:


Empress of the Gods is the first book in The Night Flame Chronicles coming November 8th and if you like fantasy romance books you definitely don’t want to miss this one!

Atarah is a driadae living with her sister and their adoptive mother among the witches. When one day a tragedy strikes, Atarah and her sister must leave their home and family and run from those who wish them harm. But when they are separated and the only one who can help Atarah find her sister is a hunter who spend his entire life killing magical creatures, she will need to go on a journey and discover some secrets and hidden truths about herself that will change her life forever. 

I must admit it took me a bit to become fully engrossed in this story but once I did I couldn’t stop reading, the world building was so fascinating and I just had to know what was going to happen to these amazing characters. I really like Atarah, she annoyed me a little in the beginning but she grew a lot in this book and I can’t wait to read more about her adventures. The cute enemies to lovers romance was really well written and after that ending I need to know what is going to happen to them ASAP, I can’t believe it ended this way! I also really liked the secondary characters, especially Myrah and Elysia, can’t wait to get to know more about them. 

I really enjoyed Empress of the Gods, it is a great fantasy romance with really interesting world and shocking plot twists that will leave you wanting more. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...