Thursday, December 15, 2022

ARC Review - The Lingering Dark by Jade Church

 Thank you so much Jade Church for sending me a copy of your book!


Title: The Lingering Dark
Author: Jade Church 
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Kingdom of Stars (book #1) 
Pages: 322

Synopsis:


Saiph must kill the mortal queen.


Sent to the mortal plane by her mother, Saiph finds herself caught in a bargain with one of the people she has been told to destroy - Auren, the rebel queen's guard.


After a string of magick users disappear, Saiph is forced to work with Auren to uncover the culprit. But when new evidence comes to light, Saiph must re-evaluate everything she thought she knew about the Kingdom of Stars.


Plagued by her growing feelings for the woman she's supposed to hate, Saiph is left torn between duty and love. With time running out to complete her task, Saiph must fulfil her bargain with Auren and choose her side in the upcoming battle, before it's too late.


Review & thoughts:


The Lingering Dark is the first book in Kingdom of Stars duology. It is a sapphic fantasy romance with amazing world building and great characters that I really enjoyed!

Saiph is a star and the heir of Kingdom of Stars. When her mother, the queen, sends her to the mortal plane to kill a human claiming to be the true queen of the kingdom, Saiph expects a quick and easy job. What she doesn’t expect is Auren, the false queen’s guard and a woman to whom she feels an immediate connection. When everything Saiph thought she knew is called into question, she needs to decide who she can trust and pick a side in the upcoming war. 

I really like the world the author created, the
idea of stars and humans is described in such a unique way I couldn’t put the book down, everything is so fascinating. I love the main characters, Saiph and Auren are both so strong and stubborn it was so much fun to read about their growing enemies to lovers relationship, and the second couple, Orien and Valentina were so cute, I just love them all! While I guessed some of the plot twists, the author still shocked me a few times, this book is full of action, banter and astounding revelations that guarantee you won’t be bored and that made me finish it in one sitting, I couldn’t stop reading and had to know what is going to happen next!

I really enjoyed The Lingering Dark and already can’t wait for the second book because that ending had me screaming! I’m dying to know what happens next.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...