Thursday, December 15, 2022

Review - Flowers for the Devil by V. Kahany

 Thank you so much V. Kahany for sending me a copy of your book!

Title: Flowers for the Devil
Author: V. Kahany 
Genre: Historical Romance
Series: Standalone
Pages: 450

Synopsis:


Love can be a devil and a saint.

Two men. One woman.
Two lies. One truth.
A happening that left London speechless.
A witness—the entire city.

On December 19th, 1851, a crime took place in the center of London. One of the few who knows what truly happened is Countess Alina Bronskaya.
But she will never speak of it.
The crime is her curse and her salvation.
Her culprits are the men who gave her their hearts.
One is a gentleman-devil.
The other is the Duke of Ravenaugh.
This is a story of redemption.
And in the center of it all—love. Passionate. Overpowering. Changing the course of history.
The sort of love that can ruin a man. The one that can save him...


Review & thoughts:


Flowers for the Devil is a dark historical romance and OMG guys I can’t believe how good this book is! I rarely read this genre but I was really intrigued when I read the blurb and it definitely didn’t disappoint, I loved this story!


I really enjoyed the author’s writing style and the way this book was written is really unique, we get chapters from Alina’s POV but also chapters written as the MMC’s confession to the priest which really suited this amazing story and made it even more enthralling. 


I love how complex the characters in this book are. Alina is a countess from Russia, but she is more interested in medicine and helping people than the newest fashion and at parties she would prefer to converse with the men than have small talk with women. She is really strong and not afraid to voice her own opinions which is my favorite kind of FMC. When it comes to our hero I think everyone should meet him for themselves, he is so fascinating and I found his backstory heartbreaking, I really enjoyed his character and his POV was my favorite to read. 


Beside the amazing characters, I think the romance was my favorite part of the book, I just love these two so much, they went through a lot but still can love each other and their relationship was beautiful. I also really liked the setting, the author’s colourfull descriptions of Victorian London made me feel as if I was there with these characters, strolling London streets and having meetings in the dark. And of course, I can’t not mention the secondary characters! They were all really fleshed out and had their own fascinating stories, I especially liked Rumi, Martha and Yegor (I was laughing out loud at Martha and Yegor’s antics!). 


Flowers for the Devil is an incredible story with fascinating characters and beautiful romance that I recommend to everyone. It has many of my favorite tropes like hidden identity, forbidden romance, villain as the main character and so many more and I just loved it so much! Can’t wait to read more books by this author. 

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...