Monday, February 13, 2023

ARC Review - A Deadly Vow by J. D. Ronan

 Thank you so much J. D. Ronan for this ARC!



Title: A Deadly Vow
Author: J. D. Ronan 
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: The Fate of Vengeance (book #1) 
Pages: 422

Synopsis:


Sabine Azterrin longed for death.

Used as a pawn in her father’s war, Sabine spends her life captive to the King of Novear, her will commanded by a siphoning crystal. Yet when she wakes up in the hands of her enemy, Sabine realizes her father committed the ultimate betrayal: a ritual bonding her magic to the Prince of the Solstice Kingdom. When the assassination fails, Keahi promises Sabine the one thing she will live for–revenge.

Keahi Aldeer was an instrument of war.

Forged into a weapon by his father, the General of Solstice sacrifices his blood, honor, and fate for the good of his kingdom. When the King of Novear, destroyer of the Veil of Seven, threatens to invade Solstice’s territory, Keahi falls directly into his trap. He fears the magic in his veins will no longer be enough.

Fate had other plans . . .

Bonded to the daughter of his enemy’s kingdom, Keahi proposes an unexpected alliance, a marriage to save them both. But when lies spiral out of control, holy matrimony isn’t the only thing Keahi is lying about.


Review & thoughts:


A Deadly Vow is the first book in a Dark Fantasy Romance series with amazing characters, slow burn romance and exciting action that will leave you wanting more!

I was so excited when I got this ARC I had to start reading immediately and I couldn’t stop until I got to the end, this book is amazing! It has really engaging, interesting plot and a unique world building that had me hooked since the first page. I loved our main characters, Sabine and Keahi, they both have tragic pasts and are truly morally grey, but I loved that despite their circumstances they tried to support each other and respected each other’s decisions, their relationship and slow burn romance was so beautiful and I loved every scene they were in together. This book has so many tropes I love: forced marriage, found family, morally grey MCs, slow burn and many more. I also really liked the supporting characters, they were all well written and I hope we will get to see more of them in the next book. 

I really enjoyed A Deadly Vow and already can’t wait to read the sequel, there isn’t a big cliffhanger at the end of the book, but that ending was amazing and makes me so excited to know what happens next.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...