Monday, February 13, 2023

ARC Review - A Kiss of Iron by Clare Sager

 Thank you so much Clare Sager for this ARC!

Title: A Kiss of Iron
Author: Clare Sager 
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Shadows of the Tenebris Court (book #1) 
Pages: 571

Synopsis:


In the cut-throat game of court life, masters manipulate pawns—and you never know which one you are. One thing is certain: there’s no space on the board for love.

A penniless noblewoman, Kat is on the verge of losing everything when she’s offered a well-paid job that could be her salvation… or her ruin. Drawn into court’s deadly intrigues, she’s given a single task: spy on the powerful fae lord known as the Night Queen’s Shadow.

Bastian Marwood is handsome, ruthless, and cunning, but Kat can’t decide if he’s a threat to her kingdom or just her heart. To uncover the truth, she must play a dangerous game of desire and deceit, pushing him to reveal his secrets while protecting her own. But Bastian’s shadows have a hold on her—one she isn’t sure she wants to escape.

Kat soon learns that at court, nothing is as it seems and even the best-laid plans can be destroyed in an instant. As a pawn on the board, she can’t afford to fall victim to love—only fight for survival.


Review & thoughts:


A Kiss of Iron is the newest Fantasy Romance from Clare Sager and OMG I can’t believe I have already finished this book, I need more now! 

Kat is a noblewoman with a husband she hates and I loved her character, she went through so much and my heart was breaking for her at times, she is so strong and independent but doesn’t always make good decisions and I just loved how she grew in this book. Bastian is Fae and a friend of one of the queen’s suitors. He is a truly morally grey character with a soft spot only for Kat, I loved how he always supported her and insisted for her to be herself and let me just say the ‘touch her and die’ vibes here were everything, I screamed when he literally said it, it’s one of my favorite tropes. 

Kat and Bastian stole my heart, they are just so amazing and have the most beautiful enemies to reluctant allies to lovers romance with a bit of fake dating and so much sexual tension I was literally screaming at my iPad during some scenes. 

Amazing characters and swoony romance aside, I really liked the plot. It was interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat, I honestly finished this book in one sitting because I couldn’t stop reading, there wasn’t a single boring moment. And I was so happy that we got to see some characters from Clare’s other books again! 

I loved A Kiss of Iron, it has everything a Fantasy Romance lover can ask for: engaging plot, beautiful enemies to lovers romance and incredible characters that will surely stay with me for a long time. It took me through a real rollercoaster of emotions and I don’t know how I will survive until the next book because ending it like that was just pure evil but also so perfect I can’t even be mad but I really NEED the next book NOW!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...