Wednesday, March 15, 2023

ARC Review - The Coven by Harper L. Woods

 Thank you so much Harper L. Woods for sending me this ARC!


Title: The Coven
Author: Harper L. Woods
Genre: Dark Paranormal Romance
Series: Coven of Bones (book #1) 
Pages: 302

Synopsis:

Revenge.

Raised to be my father’s weapon against the Coven that took away his sister and his birthright, I would do anything to protect my younger brother from suffering the same fate. My duty forces me to the secret town of Crystal Hollow and the prestigious Hollow’s Grove University—where the best and brightest of my kind learn to practice their magic free from human judgment.

There are no whispered words here. No condemnation for the blood that flows through my veins. The only animosity I face comes from the beautiful and infuriating Headmaster, Alaric Grayson Thorne, a man who despises me just as much as I loathe him and everything he stands for.

But that doesn’t mean secrets don’t threaten to tear the school in two. No one talks about the bloody massacre that forced it to close decades prior, only the opportunity it can afford to those fortunate enough to attend.

Because for the first time in fifty years, the Coven will open its wards to the Thirteen.

Thirteen promising students destined to change the world.

If the ghosts of Hollow’s Groves’ victims don’t kill them first.


Review & thoughts:


The Coven is a Dark Paranormal Romance book in a completely new series by Harper L. Woods and if I was to describe how I feel about it in one word it would be OBSESSED! I loved this author’s other books but The Coven is just a whole new level of amazing and my new favorite book of hers. 

I don’t want to say a lot about the plot because of spoilers, but our main character, Willow, is a witch living in hiding and due to circumstances she is forced to attend a school for witches where our MMC, Alaric Thorne aka Grey, is a headmaster. 

In the beginning of the book there is a note from the author saying that the MMC is more of a villain than a morally grey character and I must agree - he is manipulative, remorseless and sometimes cruel, but that didn’t stop me from rooting for him, he is so well written and I just loved his character. 

I got caught up in this incredible story from the moment I opened the book till the very end, there is non stop action since page 1 and I read the whole book in one sitting because I simply couldn’t put it down. I loved the romance, there was a connection between Willow and Grey since their first meeting and it was a true enemies to lovers romance, they truly hated each other at first and I couldn’t wait until they both gave in to their attraction. 

For a moment I kind of guessed what the big plot twist would be about but I dismissed it as too crazy to be true but then it turned out I was right and I literally screamed, that ending was so insane I still can’t wrap my head around everything that happened. And that cliffhanger? It’s just pure evil and I both love and hate the author for it (just kidding, I love this author and that it’s only a few months of waiting, but still, waiting for August is going to be torture). 

I loved The Coven, it’s an amazing book and I recommend it to all Dark Paranormal/Fantasy Romance lovers. Can’t wait for book 2!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...