Monday, February 13, 2023

ARC Review - Bewitched by Laura Thalassa

 A huge thank you to the publisher for sending me a beautiful ARC copy of this book!


Title: Bewitched
Author: Laura Thalassa
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Bewitched (book #1) 
Pages: 441

Synopsis:


Come to me, Empress …

At age twenty, Selene Bowers desperately hopes to be accepted into Henbane Coven, an academy for young witches. Since one of the requirements for entry is to connect with her powers via a quest through the wilderness, Selene books a trip to South America. When a nefarious supernatural force tries to drag her plane from the sky, Selene's magic awakens to save her life―at a cost. Using her powers devours her memories, one by one.

Worse, when Selene braves the jungle and discovers the source of the attack, she finds herself awakening an ancient evil, Memnon the Cursed, who mistakes Selene for his long-dead wife. The wife who betrayed him. Selene manages to escape and begin her studies at Henbane, but when Memnon turns up at the coven and witches are found dead across campus, Selene becomes entangled in a dangerous plot. Accused of the murders on the basis of her memory loss, Selene must rely on Memnon's help for answers―and his plans for her will change everything.


Review & thoughts:


Bewitched is the first book in a new NA Fantasy Romance series from Laura Thalassa. I’ve been obsessed with Laura’s books for a few years now and I had really high expectations of this one, but I can now say Bewitched exceeded all of them, it definitely is my new favorite book from this author. 

Selene is a witch with magic that consumes her memories. When she goes on a quest that will make her a part of a coven, she certainly doesn’t expect to find a cursed man sleeping in ancient ruins who thinks she is his treacherous wife, but that’s exactly what happens. With witches being murdered on a campus and Memnon, the man she awoke, appearing in the most inconvenient moments, Selene must decide who she can trust and what to do with Memnon before her lost memories get her in even more trouble. 

I don’t have enough words to describe how much I loved this book. I literally read it in one sitting in a couple of hours because I couldn’t put it down, it was so captivating since the first page. Memnon is my favorite kind of MMC: a bit psychotic, obsessed with Selena and he gave the ‘touch her and die’ vibes which I loved and we also had the ‘who did this to you’ scene! Selene is really strong and relatable, I liked her since the beginning and it was amazing to see how much she grew in this book. I love the romance, Memnon and Selene were just amazing together, the banter, the fights, the vulnerable moments and the spicy ones, I loved them all and they definitely became one of my favorite bookish couples, I already know I’m going to reread this book soon because WOW, it’s just so good. 

I loved Bewitched, it is an amazing fantasy romance book with incredible characters and interesting plot that kept me on the edge of my seat, this story is so fascinating and I already can’t wait for the next book because that cliffhanger at the end had me screaming, I need the next book ASAP. I really recommend Bewitched to all fantasy romance lovers, you definitely won’t be disappointed!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...