Friday, March 31, 2023

ARC Review - A Game of Malice and Greed by Susanne Valentin and Caroline Peckham

 Thank you so much Susanne Valentin and Caroline Peckham for sending me this ARC!

Title: A Game of Malice and Greed 
Author: Susanne Valentin and Caroline Peckham
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: A Game of Malice and Greed (book #1) 
Pages: 861

Synopsis:

A twisted heart, a hollow soul.
A broken warrior, lost gods of old.
A thief of shadows, blessed with light,
A single lie which stole their might.

A princess to win, in a brutal game.
A great empire falling to a monster’s claim.
A forbidden love, a curse untold.
The last immortal trapped in a coin of gold.


Review & thoughts:


A Game of Malice and Greed is the first book in a new Fantasy Romance series from our favorite Twisted Sisters (if you haven’t read any books from these authors trust me, you need to!) and while I’ve been a big fan of their books for a while, I think it is their best work yet! In true Twisted Sisters fashion this book is almost 800 pages long but there is so much happening I flew through it in one day and wow, what a ride it was! I already can’t wait for the second book and I won’t be mad if it’s even longer, there’s just something about Caroline and Susanne’s books that you never want to stop reading them, they are always amazing!

In A Game of Malice and Greed we have 4 POVs: Drake, one of the Forty Thieves; Cassius, a royal guard sentenced to death due to mistake; Austyn, a princess who is supposed to marry, but has other plans; and Kyra, a magical being with unimaginable power locked in a coin and forced to fulfill the wishes of her master. 

I went into this book not knowing much about it and I had so much fun I recommend doing the same to everyone. It is a retelling of Aladdin and Rapunzel, which were always among my favorites tales, and I loved seeing all the references to those tales, it was fun trying to spot all the little clues that were connected to them. I thought there would be a bit more romance, but the plot was so fascinating and fast paced I didn’t even think much about it and with how much we learned about the world building and the characters, I have a feeling there’s going to be more of it in the next books. Speaking of characters, I loved every single one of our core four, they were all very fleshed out, none of them was perfect which made them relatable and they all grew so much in this book, I can’t wait to read more about them. 

A Game of Malice and Greed is an amazing Fantasy Romance book and I recommend it to everyone who enjoys this genre. This book has it all: amazing characters and their relationships, interesting world with fascinating magic, fast paced plot that had me on the edge of my seat and of course, like always with Twisted Sisters book, a mind-blowing cliffhanger that left me speechless. The next book can’t come soon enough!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...