Friday, March 31, 2023

ARC Review - Prince of Prohibition by Marilyn Marks

 Thank you so much Marilyn Marks for sending me this ARC!

Title: Prince of Prohibition
Author: Marilyn Marks
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Fae of the Roaring Age (book #1) 
Pages: 554

Synopsis:

The year was 1926. Glamour, riches and greed filled the air, but under the facade of glitter and gold lay truths much darker, more sinister, and entirely less human . . .

Adeline Colton was cursed. Everyone in Georgia knew the devil walked her farm, and maybe they were right, because each month she had . . . dreams. Visions of a dark prince and a shadowed forest. A creature so wrong, temptation lurked beneath her skin.

So after escaping to New York City, it’s no surprise when her bad fortune follows. Only this time, it’s in the form of Jack Warren: millionaire bootlegger, infamous gangster, and criminal who makes Addie his fervent obsession.

Jack is everything Addie should avoid, but the more she resists his pull, the deeper she’s drawn into his extravagant world. Lured by a life of freedom and desire, Adeline must make a choice: heed her family’s warnings or follow Jack into the dark. But when fate binds them together, Jack is revealed to be something else—not man, not beast, not even the devil, but a creature much, much worse.


Review & thoughts:


The Prince of Prohibition is the first book in a Fantasy Romance series set in New York in 1920s. I was overjoyed when the author reached out to me to see if I wanted to read an ARC, I had high expectations of this book and now I can safely say it exceeded all of them, this story is incredible!

Adeline has been seeing magical creatures ever since she can remember. When her brother’s unexpected new job has her moving from her quiet life on a farm to the big New York City, Adeline quickly catches attention of the most powerful man in the city, Jack Warren, and is thrown into the fascinating but dangerous world of the Fae. With her world turned upside down, Adeline must quickly decide who she can trust and start making decisions for herself for the first time in her life.

I’ve read a lot of books about Fae, but I must say this is one of the most unique representations of them I’ve ever read about. The world this author created and the Fae featured there are so fascinating and setting it in 1920s NYC was a brilliant idea, it fits this story so well. I was really engrossed in this story since the first page and finished the book in one sitting in the middle of the night because I couldn’t stop reading, I loved everything about it, all the characters were well-written (I especially liked Violet and Lillian) and the plot was so captivating I didn’t even know when I was turning the pages until I realized I was at the end of the book.

Our main character, Adeline, annoyed me at times, but I really liked her development through the book and considering the ending, she is going to be so much more interesting in the next book and I can’t wait for it! On the other hand I loved the MMC, Jack was so freaking amazing and I liked him since his first appearance in the book, he was arrogant and morally grey, but he was also so devoted to Adeline and adorable at times. I loved their slow burn enemies to lovers romance and I can’t wait to see more of them in the next book, with that cliffhanger I need to know what happens next ASAP.

I really enjoyed The Prince of Prohibition, it is a great Fantasy Romance book with unique world building, fascinating characters, cute but steamy romance and fast-paced plot that kept me on the edge of my seat. I’m already dying to read the sequel and recommend this amazing story to all fantasy romance lovers!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...