Friday, March 31, 2023

ARC Review - Rule of the Aurora King by Nisha J. Tuli

 Thank you so much Nisha J. Tuli for sending me this ARC!

Title: Rule of the Aurora King
Author: Nisha J. Tuli
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Artefacts of Ouranos (book #2) 
Pages: 400

Synopsis:

“I am not his conquest. I am not his to claim. I am my own castle.” 

Freed from the golden clutches of the Sun King, Lor now finds herself in the hands of Nadir, the Aurora Prince. Convinced she’s hiding something, he’s willing to do whatever it takes to make her talk. But Lor knows the value of secrets—she’s been keeping them her entire life—and she’s not letting hers go without a fight. 

When Lor and Nadir team up to search for a lost item that holds the key to her past and her future, she isn’t sure if she can trust him. All she knows is she won’t fall for his promises and make the same mistakes again. 

Lor also hasn’t forgotten her vow to destroy the Aurora King. As Atlas hunts her across Ouranos, Lor plots to bring down the Imperial Fae who took everything. But she soon realizes the future of the continent is about so much more than just her shattered legacy.


Review & thoughts:


The Rule of Aurora King is the second book in a Fantasy Romance series and while I liked Trial of the Sun Queen, I LOVED this sequel, it’s so freaking good!

Rule of Aurora King begins shortly after the ending of the previous book and I was engrossed in it since the first page. We learn so many new things, some of which I suspected and some were so surprising I had to put the book down for a moment to process everything. There is so much action, plot twists and new characters that I enjoyed getting to know. We finally learn more of Lor’s past and I loved the chapters set a few hundred years ago from the Heart Princess’ POV, it was so interesting to learn what exactly happened then. But I think one of my favorite parts of this book was our main character, Lor. She grew so much from who she was in the beginning of book 1 and I love how strong and independent she is here, I loved reading about her journey. My other favorite part was the romance. I don’t want to spoil anything but OMG the romance… it was the perfect enemies to lovers with mutual secret pining and while it definitely was a slow burn, there was a perfect amount of spice that made me love this book even more. 

Rule of Aurora King is an amazing continuation of Lor’s story and if you enjoy fantasy romance books with enemies to lovers romance, forced proximity, Fae, found family and some spice, you should definitely give this series a try, it’s incredible! I really recommend it and already can’t wait for the next book in this series.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...