Thursday, May 18, 2023

ARC Review - The Ashes and the Star-Cursed King by Carissa Broadbent

 Thank you so much Carissa Broadbent for sending me this ARC!

Title: The Ashes and the Star-Cursed King
Author: Carissa Broadbent
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Crowns of Nyaxia (book #2) 
Pages: 665

Synopsis:

Love is a sacrifice at the altar of power.

In the wake of the Kejari, everything Oraya once thought to be true has been destroyed. A prisoner in her own kingdom, grieving the only family she ever had, and reeling from a gutting betrayal, she no longer even knows the truth of her own blood. She’s left only with one certainty: she cannot trust anyone, least of all Raihn.

The House of Night, too, is surrounded by enemies. Raihn’s own nobles are none too eager to accept a Turned king, especially one who was once a slave. And the House of Blood digs their claws into the kingdom, threatening to tear it apart from the inside.

When Raihn offers Oraya a secret alliance, taking the deal is her only chance at reclaiming her kingdom–and gaining her vengeance against the lover who betrayed her. But to do so, she’ll need to harness a devastating ancient power, intertwined with her father’s greatest secrets.

But with enemies closing in on all sides, nothing is as it seems. As she unravels her past and faces her future, Oraya finds herself forced to choose between the bloody reality of seizing power – and the devastating love that could be her downfall.


Review & thoughts:


The Ashes and the Star-Cursed King is the second book in a Fantasy Romance series about vampires, humans and gods and if you enjoyed The Serpent and the Wings of the Night I’m sure you’re going to love this sequel, it’s so utterly amazing!

Let me begin by saying I was actually speechless after finishing this book and it took me 2 days to try to start writing this review because I just couldn’t (and still can’t) find words to describe how much I loved it. I’ve been obsessed with Oraya and Raihn’s story since the first page of TS&TWOTN and while I thought the first book was incredible, this one is simply perfection and I loved it so much I was sobbing at the end because I didn’t want it to end. After the end of book 1 I had so many theories and ideas as to what can happen next, but Carissa as always managed to blow my mind and I loved the plot, it was surprising and so well written, we learn so many new things and the plot twists had me screaming, everything was perfectly paced and I finished reading in a few hours because I couldn’t put this book down.

I LOVED the romance, Oraya and Raihn’s relationship was written so perfectly, they went from enemies to lovers then to enemies again and I was rooting for them to get together so much. We have a marriage of convenience trope here which is one of my favorites and I was so satisfied with it and how well it fit this story. And of course I loved Raihn’s groveling, after what he did in the first book he had much fixing to do but I couldn’t be mad at him for long, he made many mistakes, but he was so devoted to Oraya and I could understand his actions. Oraya is an amazing FMC, she is strong, but she also makes mistakes and it is easy to relate to her. I loved how these two were just perfect together, even while being enemies they supported each other and made me cry so many times, I just love them so much and already miss them.

The Ashes and the Star-Cursed King is an incredible Fantasy Romance book and a perfect ending to Oraya and Raihn’s story, I loved it and it’s definitely one of my all-time favorite books. I already can’t wait for more books in this world!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...