Thursday, May 18, 2023

ARC Review - Finding You by Jack Whitney

 Thank you so much Jack Whitney for sending me this ARC!

Title: Finding You
Author: Jack Whitney
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Standalone
Pages: 460

Synopsis:

Chloe

My life was perfectly fine.
I had my own business, friends, and even a fiancé. 
Everything was going just fine.
Until he showed up again—Gavin, also known as the god of lust, Eros.
He was thrown back into my life when his company, Cupid’s Arrow, hired mine for their tenth anniversary marketing plan. It’s been five years since we last saw each other, but somehow, it's like no time has passed at all. 
I don’t understand why seeing him again should change anything. It was a one-night stand, nothing more. 
But I can’t stay away from him. It feels like something more is pulling me toward him, something ancient and otherworldly—as if my soul craves his.
God, that sounds ridiculous.
And yet, I know it’s true.

Gavin

For five years, I’ve searched for the woman I can’t get out of my head, who made me feel truly alive, even though it was just a one-night stand. And for five years, she escaped me.
I was beginning to think she was a mere figment of my imagination until my company hired hers for our tenth anniversary marketing plan.
Now, she’s back in my life, and I can’t stay away. I know she’s engaged, but what’s between us is more than the lust she swears it is. I’m beginning to think she’s someone I lost long ago, someone who I had forgotten—who the world has forgotten. 
I’ll do whatever I have to do to make her mine. 


Review & thoughts:


Finding You is a Fantasy Romance book and a continuation of the story introduced in the Sweet Girl novella (but it can be read as a standalone). Since I’ve read Sweet Girl a few months ago I was dying to know the rest of Chloe and Gavin’s story and now I must say this book was everything I hoped for and more, I loved it!

After an amazing night together 5 years ago, Chloe and Gavin went their separate ways. Now, Chloe is engaged and set to marry in a few short months, but when Gavin hires her marketing company and they meet again, old feelings begin to resurface and they will need to decide if they have any chance of being together… especially when Gavin starts to remember his previous wife, Psyche, who seems to be connected to Chloe, but nobody know why she was erased from everyone’s memory.

I love Greek mythology and I always liked the myth of Eros and Psyche so I loved the unique twist the author did on their story in this book, it was interesting to read and try to figure out what happened and it’s easy to say I did not figure it out and the plot twist had me shocked. Chloe and Gavin’s relationship was written perfectly and I was rooting for them to be together the whole time, they deserve a happy ending after everything they went through. I also liked that we got to see some other gods and it was interesting to see them living in a modern world, I really hope the author will decide to write more similar stories.

Finding You is an incredible read that I really recommend to everyone, it’s a sweet but angsty story with some amazing spice that I really loved and already can’t wait for more books from Jack Whitney.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...