Thursday, May 18, 2023

ARC Review - Your Last First Kiss by Avery Maxwell

 Thank you so much Avery Maxwell for sending me this ARC!

Title: Your Last First Kiss
Author: Avery Maxwell
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Standalone
Pages: 402

Synopsis:

My name is Penny Mulligan and my life is a mess. 

After a disastrous marriage that left me with three perfect, rowdy boys and an ex-husband whose middle name might as well be Trouble, I’ve got more than enough testosterone in my life. I’m absolutely not getting involved with anyone. 

Besides, at the end of the day when I collapse into bed, I’m too exhausted to think sexy thoughts. Except maybe about the one man who makes my life just a little easier…Mr. Wednesday, a.k.a. Dillon Henry.

Handsome, charming, thoughtful—the man is fantasy material. 

And not just because he brings me my favorite coffee every Wednesday when he meets with my boss. 

I’ll be ready to date again…someday…maybe after my boys are in college and I finally have the energy to think about myself. For now, I’m content to stick to my late-night fantasies about a certain coffee-bringing, suit-wearing flirt.

At least, that’s what I tell myself until Dillon Freaking Henry shows up on my doorstep in my hometown, demanding that I let him out of the friend zone.

He’s not intimidated by the fact that I’m a package deal or that my calendar is chaos or that my ex is a monumental pain in the…neck. Nope. Dillon is determined to change my mind. 

Part of me almost hopes he can.


Review & thoughts:


Your Last First Kiss is a small town friends to lovers romance with amazing characters and beautiful romance that I really enjoyed!

As a single mom trying to make her sons’ lives as great as possible, Penny doesn’t have time in her life for another man, but after 3 years of weekly coffee meetings, Dillon decides to convince Penny to give them a chance to become something more than friends. With Penny’s complicated family situation and Dillon’s new plans for the future, they will have to decide if being together is even possible for them. 

My heart was breaking so many times for Penny and her kids with everything they went through and I loved how Dillon was trying to always be there for them, support them and just love them. He is a perfect book boyfriend that I’m sure everyone is going to love and it was amazing to see his and Penny’s relationship grow after so many years of mutual pining, they deserve all the happiness and I loved seeing them together. The romance is a big part of this book and I loved seeing Penny open up to Dillon and accepting that she is worthy of love and all the little (and big) things Dillon made to help her accept it made me tear up a few times, these two were just incredible together. I also loved all the family dynamics, Penny, her children, Lia and Mari, Miller, Izzy and also Dillon made a true family and I loved seeing their moments together and how happy they were despite everything that happened. 

Your Last First Kiss is an amazing book about family and love. I loved it and already can’t wait for the next book set in Chance Lake, based on the teaser at the end it’s going to be amazing!

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...