Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - Blood of My Heart by K. P. Burchfield

 Thank you so much K. P. Burchfield for sending me this ARC!

Title: Blood of My Heart
Author: K. P. Burchfield
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Book of the Death God (book #1)
Pages: 423

Synopsis:

She's done with death, but death is not done with her...

With a dark prophecy looming over her head, Mora, a skilled thief, would do anything to break free from her fate. Anything, that is, except kill again…or love again.

But when tragedy strikes and truths are revealed, Mora is dragged into a truce with Vale’s most dangerous enemies: a notorious assassin and his mysterious companions. To make matters worse, Kallan, a Gilded Guard as aggravating as he is handsome, refuses to leave her side every step of the way. And growing connections risk not only their lives, but their hearts too.

Together, the unlikely companions must survive a vital quest to find a relic that could alter the course of history. All while Mora does everything in her power to outrun the evil that lives inside her.

With more than just her soul on the line, Mora must decide: Will she overcome her fate and become the light her grim world is praying for? Or is she doomed to be the darkest monster of them all?


Review & thoughts:


Blood of My Heart is the first book in an Adult Fantasy Romance with amazing characters and interesting plot that I really enjoyed!

Fated to become a villain, Mara tries to fulfill her duties to her king without taking any more lives… which she often fails at. After another failed mission, she is assigned to kill a notorious assassin, a task that proves to be harder than she thought when she finds herself on a run with mysterious companions and Kallan, a handsome guard she was supposed to hate, but seems to grow more attached to with each passing day. Trying to redeem herself, Mora needs to fulfill her mission while trying not to get herself killed and also not to fall in love, which proves to be harder than it seems. 

While it took me a bit to get into this book because there was a lot of things I didn’t understand at the beginning and I was confused, I ended up really enjoying it. The world building was very well described and interesting, I loved discovering it and meeting all the different characters and creatures. The plot was well paced with a lot of happening so there weren’t any boring moments and I read the whole book in one day because I couldn’t put it down. Mora was an amazing main character, she was so strong and morally grey, I loved seeing her grow throughout the book and can’t wait to read more about her in the next book. When it comes to romance, I was a bit disappointed, probably because I had mixed feelings about the loved interest and there seemed to be a hint of love triangle, but everything made sense at the end of the book and now I’m desperate to read the next book ASAP because OMG that ending was so epic and unexpected, I loved it.

Blood of My Heart is a really great debut novel with a lot of my favorite tropes, amazing characters, interesting plot, shocking plot twists and mind-blowing cliffhanger that I really enjoyed and already can’t wait for book 2!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...