Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - The Cursed by Harper L. Woods

 Thank you so much Harper L. Woods for sending me this ARC!

Title: The Cursed
Author: Harper L. Woods
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Coven of Bones (book #2)
Pages: 324

Synopsis:

Betrayal.

He was the deception waiting in the night; the truth I never saw coming. After a lifetime of manipulation, I finally learned the truth. I was his puppet—even if I never saw my strings.

Even knowing how deep his betrayal runs, I can’t shake the undeniable connection between Gray and I—the way a single glance from him sets my soul on fire. We are not the same. We’re enemies, poised to battle for the future of the very thing I’d wanted to destroy.

With the Covenant gone, the revenge I thought I wanted is no longer my priority. The witches that remain played no role in my aunt’s death, and the only person standing in the way of righting those wrongs is the very man determined to keep me in his bed.

But the remaining members of the Coven will never forgive me for the role I played in their demise and subjugation, and the worst part of all is that I can’t even blame them for it. I’d been naive, believing my own delusions of grandeur when destiny clearly had other plans for me. Plans that had been set in motion centuries before my birth.

But even that had been a lie, and now it is my duty to do everything in my power to undo it.

To protect my Coven from my husband’s hatred—no matter what the cost.


Review & thoughts:


The Cursed is the second book in a dark paranormal romance series and I loved it as much as I did the Coven (if not more), I’m obsessed with this series and Willow & Grey! 

The Cursed starts exactly where the Coven ended on that mind blowing cliffhanger and there was so much happening from the first page, I literally couldn’t put this book down and read it whole in one sitting. We get much more information about the witches, Vessels, demons and everything else and I absolutely love everything about this world and the characters the author created, it’s all so interesting and I can’t wait to explore more of it in the next books in this series. 

I loved Willow and Grey’s relationship in the first book and was so excited to see what would happen to them after all the crazy revelations that happened at the end of book 1 and I must say I definitely am not disappointed. It was so much fun to see them navigate through the enemies to lovers to enemies back to lovers dynamics and OMG I love these two so much, they went through a lot in these two books and came back stronger. I loved seeing them start to trust and support each other, their character development and romance were written perfectly and I really hope we will get to see much more of them in the next books because I already miss them! And of course, like always with this author’s books, there were some great written spicy scenes that had me blushing and some swoon worthy moments that had me loving Willow and Grey even more, they are definitely one of my favorite bookish couples. 

The Cursed is a really great sequel in this amazing paranormal romance series that I absolutely loved and recommend to everyone who enjoys this genre. And that epilogue makes me so excited for what is about to come next in this series, I already can’t wait!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...