Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - Not My Kind of Hero by Pippa Grant

 Thank you so much Pippa Grant for sending me this ARC!

Title: Not My Kind of Hero
Author: Pippa Grant
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Series: Standalone
Pages: 326

Synopsis:

I knew fixing up my life with a fresh start on the hobby ranch I inherited in Hell’s Bells, Wyoming, would come with challenges. Things like snow. Wildlife. Local gossip about why my daughter and I are here.

But the biggest challenge?

My surly new tenant.

He’s like a bear. Fascinating from a distance, but don’t get too close, or he’ll bite.

His personality should be a good thing. I have no need of a new man in my life. But he’s not only my tenant; he’s also my daughter’s math teacher and soccer coach. I keep running into him. He keeps thinking I need to be saved.

Maybe I do, but here’s what I don’t expect: he’s a fixer-upper in need of saving too.

And I might be the only woman for the job.

Hell’s Bells, help me.


Review & thoughts:


Not My Kind of Hero is the newest romantic comedy from Pippa Grant releasing August 15th and OMG I enjoyed this book so much! 

After a disastrous few months, Maisey and her daughter, Juniper, decide to move to a ranch Maisey inherited from her late uncle in a small town and start a new life. Everything goes according to the plan until they meet Flint, their handsome new neighbor who seems to find Maisey annoying without any reason and makes her life difficult. Maisey and Flint are not looking for love and argue all the time, but despite their disagreements, with each their meeting the attraction between them grows and they will have to decide if relationship between them is even possible since Flint is Juniper’s teacher and he swore off dating his students’s parents a long time ago. 

Despite their rocky beginning, Maisey and Flint were perfect for each other, there was so much tension between them since their first meeting and I loved the banter, I was laughing out loud so many times at how hilarious they were. After their terrible previous relationships, these two deserved a happy ending and I loved seeing their relationship grow from enemies to kind of friends to lovers, they were simply amazing together. I also liked Maisey’s relationship with her daughter Juniper, it wasn’t easy for them to leave their old life and start anew, but I loved how despite their disagreements, Maisey always put her daughter and her needs first and how Flint always supported her decisions, even at a cost of their own happiness. 

Not My Kind of Hero is a really great romantic comedy with amazing characters, beautiful and spicy romance, many laugh out loud moments and some emotional scenes that I really loved and already can’t wait for the next book from Pippa Grant!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...