Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - A Ship of Bones and Teeth by Karina Halle

 Thank you so much Karina Halle for sending me this ARC!

Title: A Ship of Bones and Teeth
Author: Karina Halle
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Standalone
Pages: 466

Synopsis:

Princess Maren is a woman with a secret.

Ten years ago she sold her soul to the sea witch Edonia, giving up a life underwater in exchange for the love of Prince Aerik on land. But after a decade of abuse and misery inflicted by the cruel prince, Maren wants nothing more than to leave him and her royal role behind and find Edonia to reverse the spell.

An opportunity for escape presents itself when the prince and princess are traveling overseas and are taken hostage by a band of notorious pirates, led by the fearsome Captain Ramsay "Bones" Battista. Maren has heard the sordid stories about the infamous pirate--not only is his ship supposedly haunted and crewed by the damned, but that no prisoners ever survive.
 
Fortunately for Maren, she learns that the captain also has a score to settle with the sea witch. With any luck, Maren may be able to get her old life back, even if it's being held in the captain's wicked hands.

But Ramsay gets more than he bargained for when he learns who--and what --Maren is, and that her appetite for revenge, freedom, and bloodlust rivals his.

Meanwhile Maren finds herself falling for the pirate's dark nature, even as she discovers that Ramsay has a secret more deadly than her own.

When it comes to the high seas, not all monsters lurk beneath the surface.


Review & thoughts:


I’ve been obsessed with A Ship Of Bones & Teeth ever since I’ve first heard about it and I can honestly say it exceeded all my expectations, this book is incredible! It is a Dark Fantasy Romance retelling of Little Mermaid & Pirates of the Caribbean that I absolutely loved and I think this might be my new favorite of Karina’s books!

After making a desperate deal with a sea witch, exchanging her tail and voice for legs and the love of a prince, 16-years old Maren thought she would finally get everything she had ever dreamed about. But now, 10 years later, living with abusive husband and missing her underwater home, all Maren wants is revenge. When she and her husband get kidnapped by pirates Maren thinks it’s the end for her, but she soon realizes these pirates are not what they seem to be and her handsome kidnapper, captain Ramsay, might be the answer to all her problems.

This book was everything I hoped it would be and so much more. I loved our main characters, Maren and Ramsay, they were both written perfectly as morally grey characters with tragic pasts that I couldn’t help myself but root for. They went through so much and I loved their relationship, their enemies to lovers dark romance had me screaming and grinning quite a few times and I just loved these two together, they were each other’s true equals and I felt that Karina gave us a perfect balance of romantic scenes and spicy ones. Amazing characters and romance aside, I loved the plot, it was so interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat with a lot of action, mind-blowing plot twists and of course all the deaths! I didn’t see a lot of it coming and was left speechless a few times. 

A Ship Of Bones & Teeth is an amazing Dark Fantasy Romance with fascinating plot, interesting characters and beautiful, spicy romance that I absolutely loved, I really hope we will get to see these characters again because I already miss them! Can’t wait for next books by this author.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...