Friday, September 29, 2023

ARC Review - The Marriage Solution by Stephanie Rose

 Thank you so much Stephanie Rose for sending me this ARC!

Title: The Marriage Solution
Author: Stephanie Rose
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Standalone
Pages: 283

Synopsis:

Julie
My hot, fiercely protective best friend Landon just dropped to one knee in the middle of the Bellagio with the perfect solution to all my problems.

After an unexpected diagnosis and a run of bad luck, I’m officially down and out. That is, until my best friend of two decades offers me his name… and his health insurance.

We’re in Vegas for someone else’s wedding. The last thing I ever expected was a proposal of my own—especially from Landon, my rock, my closest friend even when we’re miles apart. He’s always been gorgeous, but except for that drunken almost-kiss back in college, the only thing between us is friendship.

What’s a marriage of convenience between pals? Besides, Landon lives hundreds of miles away. Nothing has to change.

Right?

Landon

I popped the question, put a ring on it, and slapped Julie’s name on my health insurance policy. Problem solved.

It’s supposed to be a marriage of convenience. However, when my job relocates me to New York and I move in with my wife I find out there’s nothing convenient about our arrangement.
It all seemed so simple until the Elvis officiant said, “kiss the bride.” The second our lips touched, nothing was ever the same.


Review & thoughts:


The Marriage Solution is a standalone romance book that I really enjoyed! It has so many of my favorite tropes and I loved Landon and Julie’s story. 

Julie and Landon have been best friends for over 20 years. When they meet for their friends’ wedding and Landon finds out Julie has been diagnosed with a chronic illness and doesn’t have a medical insurance, he proposes a fake marriage to help her out. But after circumstances force them to live together for a few weeks and their long hidden feelings for each other come to light, these two will have to decide if they are willing to take a chance and make this fake marriage real. 

I loved how Landon always put Julie first and was willing to do anything for her, he was a perfect book boyfriend. Julie was a really strong and relatable FMC, she went through a lot with her ex and illness but she never gave up and was always fighting to be better. She and Landon were perfect for each other and it was great to see them finally realize their true feelings after so many years. They were so sweet together, both as best friends and when they finally decided to be something more, I loved all their scenes together. I also loved how well they communicated, it’s so rare in books for a couple to be so open and honest with each other and it made me love them even more. 

The Marriage Solution is a really sweet and feel good romance with no miscommunication or 3rd act breakup that I really enjoyed. Stephanie Rose is a new to me author and I can’t wait to read more of her books!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...