Sunday, November 19, 2023

ARC Review - Violence in the Void by Alice Stanco

 Thank you so much Unalive Promotions for sending me this ARC!

Title: Violence in the Void
Author: Alice Stanco
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Violence in the Void (book #1)
Pages: 503

Synopsis:

The Void is encroaching, threatening to take over…Will his Violence set me free, or push me further into Its grasp?

That day at the Armantrea market was the same as any other, until a tall, beautiful stranger appeared and snapped his fingers.In an instant, my world disappeared, replaced by his strange land. I’m suddenly surrounded by foreign accents, mysterious, magic-wielding Astrales like Xander, and powers I never knew existed.Except, in Xander’s eyes, I belong here. Fate’s unfathomable hand guided mine to unknowingly create a replica of an ancient Astrale relic—one with the power to upend society as we know it. Months later, I am responsible for tracking down this lost replica through an unfamiliar world, with Xander as my guide.But the Astrales are playing with powers far beyond my comprehension, and have political agendas I can’t begin to understand.Despite his barbaric and controlling demeanor, I find myself drawn to Xander, and something shifts as I begin to rely on him for my safety. When threats from this new world circle in, truths from my past begin to surface, and I am forced to question everything I know.Xander does what he can to protect me, but I soon realize that even he can’t stop the Void that threatens to swallow me whole…


Review & thoughts:


Violence in the Void is the first book in a Fantasy Romance series that I really enjoyed. It has many of my favorite tropes and once I was sucked into this world, I didn’t want this story to end!

When she gets kidnapped by a handsome stranger and thrown into a different world, all Violet wants is to return to her mundane life and best friend. But when it turns out she unknowingly made a magical chalice a few months ago, she is forced to retrieve said artifact with her kidnapper, Xander, which doesn’t prove easy when with each step they seem to learn something new that proves most of they knew was a lie and Violet finds herself drawn to and falling for the charming Xander despite the many secrets he seems to be keeping from her. 

I must admit it took me a bit to get fully into this story but at some point something just clicked and I ended up really enjoying it. The world building and magic system were really interesting and I hope we will get to know more about them in the next books, the plot was fast paced with many plot twists and kept me on the edge of my seat. I loved our main characters, Violet and Xander. They were really well written and have grown a lot though the book, I think the mental struggles Violet was dealing with were really well described and Xander was the kind of truly morally grey MMC with traumatic past that we all love in books. These two had a beautiful enemies to lovers romance with so many of my favorite tropes (like touch her and die, fated mates, only one bed, forced proximity and many more) and I loved reading about them, they were just so perfect for each other and I already can’t wait to read more about them in book 2. 

Violence in the Void is a really great fantasy romance book with amazing characters, fast paced plot and beautiful romance that I loved and already can’t wait for the sequel because after THAT cliffhanger I need book 2 ASAP!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...