Sunday, February 11, 2024

ARC Review - Dark Monsters by Elaia Crowe and Kiera A. Reynolds

 Thank you so much Elaia Crowe and Kiera A. Reynolds for sending me this ARC!

Title: Dark Monsters
Author: Elaia Crowe and Kiera A. Reynolds
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Romance
Series: Dark Monsters (book #1)
Pages: 307

Synopsis:

The shadows bring darkness and chaos, and Reza can control them.For years, the government sought to use her power to their advantage, but instead they unleashed a force inside her that not even she can contain. When Reza attempts to escape, her uncontrollable power threatens all of humanity.Zalaph, an ancient being has one to keep evil from entering the human realm. Summoned against his will, Zalaph must join forces with the person who caused all the mayhem in order to protect humanity and put everything back the way it should be.Can Reza and Zalaph survive each other while trying to save the world from destruction?


Review & thoughts:


Dark Monsters is the first book in an Urban Fantasy series and I absolutely loved it, it’s such a fun read with fast-paced and interesting plot, amazing characters and slow burn romance and I already can’t wait to read more about Reza, Zalaph, Cecil and Ned in book 2!

After being experimenting on and escaping, Reza, unable to control her shadow powers, opens a tear in the world and pulls a powerful being from another world to herself. Now connected to each other, Reza and Zalaph need to quickly close all the tears she can’t seem to stop opening, all the while battling the monsters escaping from the shadow realm and fighting the growing attraction between them, despite their mutual dislike and constant arguing. 

This book was completely different from what I was expecting and in such a good way. It throws us in the middle of action from the very beginning and the plot was pretty fast-paced, I read the whole book in one sitting because I couldn’t put it down. I loved all the characters, Reza is a really strong FMC despite everything she went through and I loved how she always stood up for herself and wasn’t letting anyone tell her what to do. Zalaph was Reza’s polar opposite and a grump to her sunshine, I loved seeing him discover the human world and how he slowly changed and became the kind of hero we all love. Reza and Zalaph were an amazing couple, I absolutely loved their banter which made me laugh out loud so many times and despite their rocky beginnings, they became truly perfect for each other and I was rooting for them the whole time, I just loved these two together. I must also mention Ned and Cecil, they were written so well and I loved scenes with them even when they interrupted Reza and Zalaph in the worst possible moments, they all became a really beautiful family and I can’t wait to see all these characters in the next book. 

Dark Monsters is a really great Urban Fantasy book, I definitely recommend it to everyone and already can’t wait to read book 2!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...