Sunday, February 11, 2024

ARC Review - The Doll and the Domination by Brandi Elise Szeker

 Thank you so much Brandi Elise Szeker for sending me this ARC!


Title: The Doll and the Domination
Author: Brandi Elise Szeker
Genre: Dystopia, Romance
Series: The Pawn and the Puppet (book #4)
Pages: 625

Synopsis:

When Skylenna, Dessin, and their friends make a vital error aboard an enemy warship, they end up in the hellacious cages of the Vexamen Prison. From Fun House nights to public executions... what happens when Patient Thirteen isn't the only grandmaster who enjoys playing the board ten steps ahead?

Meet Kaspias Valdawell, Kane's twin brother, raised by the demented leaders of Vexemen to build the perfect commander. And the ultimate warden for his special inmates.

Throughout their stay, Dessin and Skylenna fight to protect their family, understand Skylenna's new gifts in battle, and resist the menacing ways of their new captivity, slowly breaking their minds, bodies, and souls.


Review & thoughts:


The Doll and the Domination is the fourth book in The Pawn and the Puppet series. It’s a dark romance set in a dystopian world with morally grey characters, interesting plot with mind-blowing plot twists and amazing romance, I absolutely love these books and this new installment is my new favorite in this series!

OMG I still can’t believe everything that happened in this book and am speechless after that ending, this must be the biggest cliffhanger in this series and I didn’t think it was possible after the endings of previous books. TD&TD is darker, more twisted and I loved every single moment I spent reading it, I love all these characters and it was amazing to see how much they all grew in this book. Dessin and Skylenna are, of course, my favorites and I loved seeing them together after everything they went through in TP&TPP, they are as strong as ever and true soulmates in every sense of that word, I already can’t wait to see them again. While reading this book I was laughing, crying, blushing and crying some more, Brandi once again proved she is an amazing storyteller with all the emotions she pulled from me and there were so many plot twists, secrets, betrayals I was left literally speechless many times and had to take a moment to process everything that was happening, this book and the whole series is a real masterpiece. 

The Doll and the Domination is a perfect continuation to this amazing story and I already can’t wait to see what happens next, after THAT ending I NEED the next book ASAP! I love this series and definitely recommend it to everyone.

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...