Sunday, February 11, 2024

ARC Review - Hallowed Games by C. N. Crawford

 Thank you so much C. N. Crawford for sending me this ARC!

Title: Hallowed Games
Author: C. N. Crawford
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Hallowed Games (book #1)
Pages: 410

Synopsis:

If he’s death, I crave oblivion.

I'm cursed to kill with a brush of my fingertips. My worst fear is attracting the attention of the kingdom’s magic hunters. Maelor is their mysterious, gorgeous leader--and my world falls apart when he learns my secret.

When he arrests me, my only hope is to survive a deadly competition, to win the mercy of our god. Strangely, Maelor is immune to my touch. Turns out, that’s because he’s secretly a vampire—lethally sexy, and dangerous as hell.

He's as drawn to me as I am to him. Can this beautiful monster help me survive, or will our dark attraction lead me to ruin? 

Review & thoughts:


Hallowed Games is the first book in a new Fantasy Romance series with strong heroine, morally grey characters and enemies to lovers romance that I really enjoyed!

Elowen is cursed and kills every person she touches. When she is arrested for being a witch and taken to a castle to participate in trials that only one person can survive, she meets Maelor, a handsome witch hunter who seems to be immune to her deadly touch. But when it turns out that everyone is hiding more secrets than she could ever imagine and the one person she spent her life protecting is in danger, she will have to do whatever it takes to survive the trials and find a way to protect her fellow participants, even at a risk of her heart. 

I always enjoy C. N. Crawford’s books and this one was no different. The plot was fast paced and really interesting, I couldn’t put the book down because there was always a lot of happening and I was hooked on since the first page. I loved Elowen as the main character, despite everything she went through she was really strong and I liked how she always stood up for herself and others. The enemies to lovers romance was amazing and I loved Maelor and how he tried to help Elowen however he could, they were amazing together and after everything that happened at the end of the book I have a feeling it’s going to be really interesting in book 2, I already can’t wait!

Hallowed Games is a really great fantasy romance with amazing characters and interesting plot that I really enjoyed and definitely recommend to everyone who enjoys this genre. The sequel can’t come soon enough!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...