Sunday, February 11, 2024

ARC Review - The last war we ever fought by Wendy Heiss

 Thank you so much Wendy Heiss for sending me this ARC!

Title: The last war we ever fought
Author: Wendy Heiss
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Blue Fairytales (book #2)
Pages: 135

Synopsis:

The world is plagued with turmoil.Rowan is a soldier fighting in a war ridden land for the far flung peace that appears nowhere in sight. Everything takes a turn when her fight seems to be nearing its end, and the God of War joins their last battle to victory. Once he realises one of his strongest soldiers is not who everyone thinks her to be, the God of War finds himself wanting to know the truth.And as the end to their war approaches, ugly realisations settle in.


Review & thoughts:


The last war we ever fought is the second in a series of standalone novellas from Wendy Heiss and OMG I’m still not over how beautiful and heart-wrenching this story was, I absolutely loved it!

This book is written like a fairytale and this kind of writing fits this story so well, I was hooked on every word and loved every second I spent reading it. The main characters, Rowan and Elijah, had a place in my heart since the first moment they appeared. They are both tortured characters and it’s clear they have been through a lot, my heart was breaking for them so many times, but I loved all their conversations, their longing for each other, the banter and their slow burn romance. It was amazing to see them slowly lower their walls and open up to each other 

The last war we ever fought is an incredible story that I really recommend to everyone, trust me, you don’t want to miss it. Wendy is breaking my heart with these novellas and I don’t know how I will survive the next one, but I already can’t wait to read it, I just know it’s going to be as heartbreakingly beautiful as this one.

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...