Sunday, February 11, 2024

ARC Review - Until the Stars Fall by Vanessa Rasanen

 Thank you so much Vanessa Rasanen for sending me this ARC!

Title: Until the Stars Fall
Author: Vanessa Rasanen
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Immortal Reveries (book #1)
Pages: 510

Synopsis:

The last time a fae royal took a human bride it started a war.
This time it could prevent one.

I have been a loyal servant to the fae crown my whole life–an arrangement that has kept me safe from the violence between our two races…until I kill a fae noble.

Sentenced to death I beg the king for mercy and am shocked when it comes from the eldest prince who hates me.

But there’s a catch…

Now thrust into the role of my growly protector’s bride-to-be, I have to choose between playing along with this fake engagement or following my own heart to protect my people.


Review & thoughts:


Until the Stars Fall is a Fantasy Romance book and the first in a series of interconnected standalones. It has so many of my favorite tropes like fake engagement, fated mates, grumpy x sunshine and I really loved it!


Lieke is a human serving the Fae royal family and she’s in love with her childhood best friend, Prince Brennan. But when her life is in danger it’s Brennan’s brother, Connor, who saves Lieke and despite their mutual dislike, these two need to fake being engaged. With human and Fae’s relations straining more with each day, Lieke and Connor need to work together to save all their people all the while fighting their growing attraction and feelings for each other.


I must admit this book started a little slow for me but once it picked up, I couldn’t put it down. The plot was really interesting with some twists I didn’t see coming and I enjoyed discovering the dynamics between humans and Fae and how everything worked in this fascinating world. This book was focused on the characters and their relationships and I absolutely loved the romance, it was definitely a slow burn but Lieke and Connor were worth the wait and perfect together, these two were polar opposites and I loved their banter. Lieke was a strong FMC, she annoyed me in the first half of the book but I ended up loving her development and who she was at the end of the book. Connor was a grumpy Fae prince with a heart of gold and I loved how he always took care of everyone, he was a really great brother and later on an amazing partner for Lieke and his POV was everything. The supporting characters were also well written and I hope we will see more of them in the next books. 


Until the Stars Fall is a really good Fantasy Romance with amazing characters and beautiful romance that I really enjoyed and I already can’t wait for more books by this author!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...