Sunday, April 28, 2024

ARC Review - A Cursed Son by Day Leitao

 Thank you so much Day Leitao for sending me this ARC!


Title: A Cursed Son
Author: Day Leitao
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Remnants of the Fallen Kingdom (book #1)
Pages: 420

Synopsis:

Romantic & sexy dreams link a false princess to a dangerous, disgraced fae prince in this fun, steamy enemies-to-lovers romantasy.

In her dreams, he envelops her in love. In real life, he imprisons her in ice. 

Assassin, liar, impersonator—dreamer. 

As a royal decoy, trained to replace the Krastel princess even in a political marriage, Astra’s life is not her own. With a duty like that, how can she dream about love?

And yet she knows she has a kindred soul. She can feel his presence every night, holding her in his arms, surrounding her with his warmth.

But ice-cold reality crashes in when Astra’s carriage is attacked by the Crystal Court’s disgraced prince. Banished for heinous crimes and armed with powerful relics, he’s a wielder of mighty magic and can even penetrate minds.

It turns out that he is the man in her dreams.

And this is about to get very, very awkward. 


Review & thoughts:

A Cursed Son is the first book in a Fantasy Romance series and the first adult book from Day Leitao and I must say I hope the author will continue to write in this genre because this book was so good, I really enjoyed it!

As a substitute for the princess, Astra’s life is not her own, she and her two friends are impersonating the princess on various events and they all know one of them will be asked to enter into an arranged marriage in their princess’s place. But when Astra is attacked on the way to an event by a disgraced prince from another kingdom and later the prince asks to marry Astra, not the princess, Astra knows her life is going to change forever, especially since prince Marlak is the man she has been seeing in her dreams for over a year and leaving her home makes hiding what she is and her strange powers extremely difficult. 

I really liked our main characters, Astra and Marlak. Astra annoyed me a bit in the beginning, but I ended up invested in her story, she grew a lot in this book and based on the ending, I think she will be even more interesting in book 2. Marlak is the typical morally grey MMC with many secrets and I loved discovering them and his story, my heart was breaking for him at times and hope we will learn even more about him in the nest book. Together, Astra and Marlak are absolutely amazing and I already miss them. I loved the banter, the tension and later the romance, they were so perfect together (despite some misunderstandings that made me want to just shake them and make them talk honestly) and I hope the next book comes out soon because after that ending I can’t wait to know what happens next. The plot was interesting and the pacing was good, it took me a bit to get into this book but once I did, I couldn’t put it down and finished it in one sitting. 

A Cursed Son is a really good adult fantasy romance book with amazing characters, slow burn but spicy romance and interesting plot that I definitely recommend and already can’t wait for book 2.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...