Sunday, April 28, 2024

ARC Review - You're the Boss by Emma Hart

 Thank you so much Emma Hart for sending me this ARC!


Title: You're the Boss
Author: Emma Hart
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Series: Standalone
Pages: 363

Synopsis:

A sexy, banter-filled romcom between the secretary trying to escape and the man who refuses to let her go... 

Current life hand in my resignation and get out from under the thumb of my cold, demanding boss that I’ve not-so-lovingly nicknamed The Bastard. After a month of trying and failing to get the infuriating man to accept it, his grandfather offers me the chance I’ve been waiting go on a trip up north for six weeks for a project that will solidify my boss’ position as the company Vice-President, and he’ll personally see to it that my resignation is processed on our return. The catch? I have to live with him for those six weeks. 

That’s exactly how I acquire a rich, handsome roommate who doesn’t seem to know what a shirt is, can’t operate a washing machine, and might actually set the kitchen on fire. They’re all sides of Theodore Black I’ve never seen before, but I still don’t know if I want to kick him or kiss him. Until I accidentally walk in on him doing some self-care in the shower. And maybe… the office isn’t the only place he’s the boss.


Review & thoughts:

You’re the Boss is the newest Romantic Comedy from Emma Hart and this author never disappoints, Chloe and Theo’s story was amazing and I laughed, swooned and absolutely loved it!

When Chloe’s overbearing boss once again refuses to accept her resignation, she has no choice but to agree to his grandfather’s plan: live with Theo, her boss, for a few months while they oversee a new company project and in exchange she will be able to find a new job. But the more time they spend together, the more Chloe realizes the man she thought to be cold-hearted man is actually a cinnamon roll and when they realize they might be more than just work associates, despite their constant bickering, they need to decide if they are willing to give in to their fiery attraction and give a relationship a try all the while trying not to kill each other and not to fall for each other. 

Let me just say that this book had me hooked in the first chapter and didn’t let me go until the very end. Chloe and Theo’s story was absolutely amazing and I had so much fun reading it, their thoughts and banter had me laughing out loud so many times, these two were everything. I liked how the first few chapters were from Chloe’s POV and we got to see Theo from her eyes and then how different everything seemed when we got to his POV, I couldn’t stop laughing at how oblivious Chloe was at times when it came to him. I really liked Chloe as the main character, she was smart and sassy and some of her thoughts and actions were pure gold but Theo… he was the true gem here, he was a cinnamon roll hero and I loved how cute he was at times and the way he was pining for Chloe was everything, I was rooting for him so much. Theo and Chloe were amazing together and despite her extreme dislike for him as her boss I loved how perfect they were for each other, they bickered a lot but always had each other’s back and when they finally gave in to their attraction, the spicy scenes had me blushing at times, they were fire together. And of course, I can’t forget about Theo’s father and grandfather and Chloe’s cousin, Harvey, they were amazing supporting characters and made me crack up with their antics. 

You’re the Boss is a really great romantic comedy with amazing characters, cute and spicy romance and laugh out loud banter, I absolutely loved it and already can’t wait for Emma’s next book!

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...