Sunday, August 4, 2024

ARC Review - Bound by Gravity by Jenny Hickman

Thank you so much The Nerd Fam for sending me this ARC!

Title: Bound by Gravity
Author: Jenny Hickman
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Bound and Freed #1
Pages: 474

Synopsis:

They were never meant for happily-ever-after. 
They fell in love anyway.She thought he was dead.
Four years after the disappearance of her beloved prince, Lady Allette Rittey returns to the fae realm to find Prince Senan very much alive—and on the verge of marrying a bloody princess.

Desperate for answers, Allette poses as a servant to gain access to his castle. But the wedding bells are ringing, and she’s running out of time before she loses him forever.

Prince Senan Vale has problems.
A lot of them.
Most pressing, an arranged marriage not to the woman he was meant for, but the princess of a neighboring kingdom.
When the king refuses to call off the engagement, Senan loses all hope.
Then his long-lost love returns from the grave.

Senan and Allette learn the truth of what kept them apart, discovering they have been betrayed by those closest to them.

The only way to be together is to flee the kingdom.
But first they must escape a castle full of traitors.


Review & thoughts:

Bound by Gravity is the first book in a Fantasy Romance duology from Jenny Hickman and OMG the author definitely decided to break our hearts with this book, I loved this first part of Senan and Allette’s story and can’t wait for book 2. 

The events of this book take place in a few timelines and we get to see the beginning of Senan and Allette’s relationship in the past, what led to its eventual demise and their heartbreaking present and the author wrote it all perfectly with keeping the reader interested in all that’s happening in every part of their story. I love the forbidden love trope and star-crossed lovers and Senan and Allette are a definition of it, I was rooting so hard for them to find a way to be together and find their own happy ending and my heart was breaking so many times for them. The author said their story might be a tragedy and I can definitely see that but I just want them to be happy together, I love these two so much and can’t wait for the second part of their story, especially after THAT ending, I’m still not over everything that happened. 

Bound by Gravity is an amazing first book in what I already know is going to be incredible duology, I cried, I smiled, I swooned and I already can’t do it all again when the second book releases, it can’t come soon enough. I definitely recommend Bound by Gravity to everyone who enjoys Fantasy Romance books with forbidden love, touch her and die vibes, amazing characters, beautiful romance, interesting world building and perfectly paced plot that will have you unable to put the book down.


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...