Sunday, August 4, 2024

ARC Review - Second Time's the Charm by Stephanie Rose


 Thank you so much Hambright PR for sending me this ARC!

Title: Second Time's the Charm
Author: Stephanie Rose
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Standalone
Pages: ---

Synopsis:

The only woman I’ve ever loved is the one I can’t have.

Going from uncle to father overnight meant me moving back to my hometown after two decades away. Now, I’m trying to pick up the pieces and do right by a little girl who just wants her mom.

When my twentieth high school reunion rolls around, I come face-to-face with Emily, the ex whose heart I broke before she could break mine. Old feelings come rushing back, but I don’t have time to grieve, let alone start a relationship.

Regardless of the palpable temptation to restore what we lost, all I can offer Emily is an apology and friendship.

But the lines I’ve drawn start to blur when she becomes my niece’s soccer coach and I spend the entire season on the sidelines pretending I’m not wondering what might happen if we had a second chance.

Everything changes in one liquor-fueled night of confessions. I have no choice but to fight for Emily, for what we could have together. I’ve already wasted too much of my life without her in my arms, in my bed.

Maybe the second time’s the charm…


Review & thoughts:

Second Time's the Charm is the newest Contemporary Romance from Stephanie Rose and I absolutely adored Emily and Jesse’s story!

When Emily and Jesse see each other again at high school reunion after he broke her heart 20 years ago, they quickly realize they still have feelings for each other, but with Jesse becoming a guardian for his young niece, Maddie, and Emily becoming Maddie’s soccer coach, they need to decide if they can let go of the past and become friends or if they are finally willing to put in the work and fight for their love this time around. 

I have come to expect Stephanie’s books to be emotional, full of healing for the characters and have beautiful familial and romantic relationships and Second Time’s the Charm was exactly that. I loved all the characters, Emily and Jesse were amazing as the MCs, after everything they went through in their lives they definitely deserved a happily ever after and it was incredible to see them fight for it, I loved them both individually and as a couple. Maddie was a wonderful little girl and has already had so much heartbreak in her life, I felt for her and loved her scenes with Jesse and Emily, they made such a beautiful family. And I can’t forget about Sabrina and Caden, they were secondary characters, but I was also rooting for them and loved how well they fit together and the comedic relief they sometimes provided. 

Second Time’s the Charm was a really great book with amazing characters and beautiful romance, I definitely recommend it and already can’t wait for this author’s next book!

Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - MILO by E. L. Lewis

  Thank you so much  Hambright PR  for sending me this ARC! Title: MILO Author:  E.L. Lewis Genre: Dark Mafia Romance Series: Standalone Pag...