Friday, July 29, 2022

Review - The Redo by Max Monroe

 


Title: The Redo
Author: Max Monroe
Genre: Romantic Comedy
Series: Winslow Brothers (book #4)
Pages: 571

Synopsis:

Put a finger down if you’ve ever been a single woman who got stuck in a New York City elevator in the middle of a summer blackout with your former high school sweetheart—whom you haven’t seen in years—while pregnant with a baby that isn’t biologically yours. And you can’t believe how handsome that blast from your past is, so you unwittingly flirt with him a little even though your life is so crazy complicated you’re barely keeping your head above water, but everything about him makes you think you could totally still be in love with him.

*puts a finger down* 

What? Just me?

Needless to say, my current status is thorny. And no, I didn’t miss how close that word is to another one.

Even though he’s the epitome of tall, dark, and incredibly handsome, Remington Winslow has been a single bachelor for most of his life. It’s clichéd and basic—until you consider the fact that once upon a terrible time, he got left at the altar.

He doesn’t do relationships. He definitely doesn’t fall in love.

And I’m just trying to survive a tangled web of unexpected motherhood and running one of the top real estate firms in the city that never sleeps.

He’s the jaded guy who doesn’t want to settle down, and I’m the career-focused woman with more baggage than a 747 can hold.

We’re just two friends who used to be in love.

Now, if someone would tell my hormones I’m not a teenager anymore, I’d be set.


Review & thoughts:

The Redo is an absolutely hilarious new rom-com by the amazing Max Monroe and now I can officially say that Remy is my favorite Winslow brother!

When Remy visits his brother he definitely doesn’t expect to get stuck in an elevator with his high school sweetheart he hadn’t seen in over 20 years. He and Maria instantly reconnect and their old feelings resurface. When they get stuck in elevator again few weeks later… well, I guess we can agree it’s fate and they are meant to be together (and I will never look at elevators the same, LOL). 

I knew I would love Remy‘s story since we first met him back in Winnie’s book but Max and Monroe really outdid themselves this time, Remy and Maria are so amazing together and I loved their family dynamics with little Izzy who was so adorable. It was also really fun seeing all the old characters again, Thatch, Wes, Winnie, Lexie, all Winslow brothers and many more are as hilarious as ever and I really missed them, I guess it’s time to reread again because Max and Monroe simply write the best characters, you can always count on having great time with each their book. 

I really enjoyed The Redo, I was waiting for a long time for Remy’s story and it definitely didn’t disappoint. Now that all Winslow brothers got their stories I can’t wait to see what the authors write next (and I already know it’s going to be incredible!). 100% recommend The Redo and all Max Monroe books if you haven’t read them yet!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...