Friday, March 31, 2023

ARC Review - Black Rose by Karina Halle

 Thank you so much Karina Halle for sending me this ARC!

Title: Black Rose
Author: Karina Halle
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Dracula Duet (book #2) 
Pages: 410

Synopsis:

Is it her destiny to love him?

Or is it her destiny to die?

Valtu Aminoff is no stranger to tragedy. Though many know him as the enigmatic vampire that inspired Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Valtu’s complex life is far more horrific than any fiction could imagine. When you lose the love of your life over and over again, it can do more than break your heart—it can corrupt your soul.
It's up to his new lover to decide if Valtu's damaged soul is even worth saving.

But destiny isn’t done with Valtu yet. And tragedy is always around the corner.


Review & thoughts:


Black Rose is a Dark Paranormal Romance and the second and last book in The Dracula Duet by Karina Halle. I loved the first book, Blood Orange, since the moment I read it a few months ago, but I think I might have loved Black Rose even more, it’s incredible!

Black Rose starts exactly where Blood Orange ended and the action begins since page 1. One I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. We learn so many new things about the main characters’s pasts and I loved seeing some familiar faces from Karina’s other books and how everything was connected. 

Valtu is not the same man we remember and my heart was breaking for him in those scenes we got to see from after the events of book 1. But I was so happy with romance in this book and that we got to see Valtu and Dahlia/Rose fall in love all over again. These two are perfect for each other and I loved seeing them together, especially one scene made me cry happy tears, I just love them so much. 

Black Rose is a perfect ending to Valtu and Rose’s story and I teared up a bit during those last few pages, I love how their story ended and that after everything they went through, they can now have their HEA. I hope we will get to see them in some of Karina’s future books because I already miss them, they are now one of my favorite bookish couples!


Rating:

⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARC Review - Mayhem & Minnie by Veronica Lancet

  Thank you so much  Chaotic Creative Services  for sending me this ARC! Title: Mayhem & Minnie Author:  Veronica Lancet Genre: Dark Rom...